TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:21:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 120
  • Total: 120

Maybe converting to tinyportal!

Started by Cache-man, January 04, 2006, 04:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cache-man

For nearly a year now I have been running my site www.cache-community.co.uk using Mambo/Joomla bridged with SMF and have been more than happy with the functionality this offers.

Recently however, I stumbled accross TP, whilst looking for some bits i'm considering for a redesign of my site, and have set up a test version of it on my server and imported my forum db to see how it looks, and I've been really impressed. In fact so impressed I am even considering converting my site to use SMF and TP.

I need to weigh up first though which of Joomla's features I use and require, and which features TP offers (and what I can add myself, or get help with here). I am certainly considering it though.

Excellent work Bloc.

Oh, just in case anyone fancies looking at the test site I'm playing with, its here http://www.cache-community.co.uk/tp/index.php

anunlike

Not sure what version you're using, but upgrade to the latest, then see what you think of it...

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=1840.0

I think 0.8.1 is coming out soon too.

Rasyr

Quote from: anunlike on January 04, 2006, 05:03:08 AM
Not sure what version you're using, but upgrade to the latest, then see what you think of it...

I doubt that he can see that page.... I know that I cannot...

0.8 hasn't been released to us in the general public yet...

Cache-man

Quote from: Rasyr on January 04, 2006, 10:46:58 AM
Quote from: anunlike on January 04, 2006, 05:03:08 AM

I doubt that he can see that page.... I know that I cannot...

0.8 hasn't been released to us in the general public yet...

Nope, I cannot see that page - I'm not a beta/dev tester here. So am running TP0.75

IchBin

Yes it's still in pre-beta. I know you guys can taste it because it's so close. :)

Rasyr

Quote from: Cache-man on January 04, 2006, 01:07:44 PM
Nope, I cannot see that page - I'm not a beta/dev tester here. So am running TP0.75

I am in the same boat... The company I work for has 3 different websites, and right now we are using SMF for 1, and Snitz for a second (going to be moving it to SMF at some point in the near future). The third doesn't have a set of forums of its own, but hooks back over to the first site's forums.

I am anxiously awaiting version 0.8 to be released as it actually adds the core functionality that we will need when we convert the second site from Snitz to SMF.  That being, specifically, the articles functionality and the download manager.

We have other future plans for this second site (and the first one as well, but the second site is our testing ground for certain ideas), and several SMF mods (used in conjunction with Tiny Portal) are core to being able to implement these plans....

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on January 04, 2006, 01:26:59 PM
Yes it's still in pre-beta. I know you guys can taste it because it's so close. :)

taste??? We are well beyond that.... Think addiction and withdrawal type of symptoms going on here....

[Joking]
Ifn youse guys knows whats good fer youse, youse will hurry up before we send Guido to pays youse a visit...  :knuppel2:
[/Joking]

Cache-man

Is there a way to get TP o.7.5 to work with SMF RC2, as it will only work with RC1 at the moment?

IchBin

It's possible, but you have to know how to manually edit code.

Cache-man

I am able to edit code, just not sure what or where. Could you point me in the general direction please.

anunlike

Oh. Sorry 'bout that, didn't even think about it.