TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:36:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Inserting images from quicklist does not work in new editor

Started by @rjen, February 17, 2018, 10:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

We noticed that insering images in a TP article from the quicklist does not work anymore in the new editor?
Using "My Images Quicklist"...

It used to be possible to upload an image into the quicklist, and insert it in the article by double-clicking the image. This is no longer working...

I believe a saw a comment before about a diffent approach to adding images in articles with the enw editor?

Using Chrome by the way...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

Quote from: @rjen on February 17, 2018, 10:09:40 AM
We noticed that insering images in a TP article from the quicklist does not work anymore in the new editor?

It used to be possible to upload an image into the quicklist, and insert it in the article by double-clicking the image. This is no longer working...

I believe a saw a comment before about a diffent approach to adding images in articles with the enw editor?

You can drag the image up, but that still doesn't quite work correctly.

There is a new drag and drop option for the SCEditor in the next release.

@rjen

When I drag and drop it drops the thumbnail, not the large image. Is that what You mean?

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on February 17, 2018, 10:35:08 AM
Quote from: @rjen on February 17, 2018, 10:09:40 AM

You can drag the image up, but that still doesn't quite work correctly.

There is a new drag and drop option for the SCEditor in the next release.

Yes, you can drag and drop them from the quicklist into the editor.  Or drag them directly from a images folder on your pc, to the editor.  Applies to 1.4R.

I believe in TP 1.5.0 we will be able to drag images directly from a folder on pc, and the images will also be added to the quicklist, so you add them from there as well. 

tino

Quote from: @rjen on February 17, 2018, 10:44:27 AM
When I drag and drop it drops the thumbnail, not the large image. Is that what You mean?

Yes, it doesn't quite work as I would expect.

lurkalot

Works as intended regarding that part, the description clearly says,

"My Images Quicklist
The images below are small thumbnails of the original pictures. "

Anything uploaded to the quicklist via the browse button will ad a thumbnail image to the quick list.  The clicking to add to the editor doesn't work, drag and drop does.

tino

True, but it doesn't expand when you click on it like it used to ( I assume it did, I never tried it).

Although that's not part of the description, it is a change in behaviour.

@rjen

Quote( I assume it did, I never tried it).

It did, I just tested it in 1.3 to be sure.

With this change in behaviour the explanation text in the edit article page is a bit confusing (The images below are small thumbnails of the original pictures. By clicking them the picture is inserted into the editor. Be sure to click in the editor to make it active before selecting any of the images.)

With the new behaviour the 'My Images Quicklist' in this setup is not usable, since it displays thumbnails and not the full image. Perhaps an idea to change this Quicklist to no longer display the thumbnail but the actual image (resized by css?). With this the explanation text would need to be updated to explain the drag-and-drop behavior...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on February 17, 2018, 11:19:42 AM
Quote( I assume it did, I never tried it).

It did, I just tested it in 1.3 to be sure.

With this change in behaviour the explanation text in the edit article page is a bit confusing (The images below are small thumbnails of the original pictures. By clicking them the picture is inserted into the editor. Be sure to click in the editor to make it active before selecting any of the images.)

With the new behaviour the 'My Images Quicklist' in this setup is not usable, since it displays thumbnails and not the full image. Perhaps an idea to change this Quicklist to no longer display the thumbnail but the actual image (resized by css?). With this the explanation text would need to be updated to explain the drag-and-drop behavior...

Agreed, we need to change the description, but first we need to get a system that works easily.  This quicklist idea has always been a bit hit and miss since day one.  It's been something on my wish list for ages.  A image manager = Some way to upload and find images to use in articles and blocks, or even forum posts, come to think of it. 

tino

Try the attached file with fixes to the various issues raised today.

Rename the .zip to .tar.gz as I can't upload it as a .tar.gz