TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:30:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40

help plz

Started by raxavier69, May 31, 2006, 07:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiochus

Quote from: gerrymo on June 09, 2006, 10:58:21 AM
I thought that last night. I'd go as far as to delete the entire database (the whole thing [new Db, new name, new Db username, everything]), and make a new one from scratch. Also use fresh files from SMF and TP.

**But this is from a non Db person (it may be able to be fixed, I dunno).**
How did you do that?  :o :o
You have told you don't have any way to acces database.
It must be a way to enter to phpmyadmin or a similar software.
It seems to be a paying web hosting so they have to give a way to acces mysql database.

gerrymo

Quote from: tiochus on June 09, 2006, 11:17:37 AM
Quote from: gerrymo on June 09, 2006, 10:58:21 AM
I thought that last night. I'd go as far as to delete the entire database (the whole thing [new Db, new name, new Db username, everything]), and make a new one from scratch. Also use fresh files from SMF and TP.

**But this is from a non Db person (it may be able to be fixed, I dunno).**
How did you do that?  :o :o
You have told you don't have any way to acces database.
It must be a way to enter to phpmyadmin or a similar software.
It seems to be a paying web hosting so they have to give a way to acces mysql database.

Read it again my freind. I could see the errors within the site, and could work out from there that it was a Db problem. I didnt need to go into the Db to see it. I still feel that the fault is in the Db, but I'm not sure on how to fix it.

Crip

you fix it tiochus --
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

tiochus

Quote from: Crip on June 09, 2006, 11:29:21 AM
you fix it tiochus --
My problem in the past with the database? Yes, I only had to make these fields auto_increment. So the "counter" started working fine.

tiochus

Read it again my freind. I could see the errors within the site, and could work out from there that it was a Db problem. I didnt need to go into the Db to see it. I still feel that the fault is in the Db, but I'm not sure on how to fix it.
Sorry, I haven't read slowly. That's the hurry up life  :laugh: work, work and speed in everything.
By the way I work with databases all the day. I'm something like a programmer and database administrator.

gerrymo

No problem. Hopefully once raxavier69 finds the way to access the Db, we'll be able to fix it between us.

tiochus

Ok, any help you'd need. Let me know  :up:

Crip

I will help if I can. :up:
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

IchBin

I would agree with everyone here. raxavier69, you need to get some type of access to your database. Ask your host/friend.

raxavier69

but i had a different portal system on the same server b4 and no problems. shouts blocks every thing was fine