TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 12:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 102
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 106
  • Total: 106

Top posters

Started by JPDeni, September 20, 2006, 01:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paragaya

Thanks I think

$top_posters = ssi_topPoster(5, 'array');

echo '
<ol>';

foreach ($top_posters as $poster)
echo '
<li>', $poster['link'], ' - ', $poster['posts'], '</li>';

echo '
</ol>';

fangweile

hello there,

I am looking for top 10 poster that will display similar to this format.

Any idea how to achieve it.

Thanks in advanceĀ  ;)

JPDeni

This is overall top posters or only those from certain boards? Where is the "rank" definied?

fangweile

Yeah, this is the overall forum top poster. Rank is defined as membergroup name.

JPDeni

I'm sorry. I can't figure out what they do with the stars. Makes no sense to me. Maybe if I look at it later I'll understand it. Or maybe someone else will be able to help.

Lord Anubis

JPDeni...

just to clarify what the coding is, I can't figure out how to do it either lol, but it would be pretty cool  :up:

It would show as follows:

1. a number in front of the user name followed by the number of posts this user has
2. underneath this data the membergroup this user belongs to for instance...if it were your data and ATM you were the top poster on TP it would look like:

1.  JPDeni (3249)

2.  Lord Anubis (653)

etc.....

Does that help at all? 

EDIT: Aha...see where a problem in coding this might lye is because if using stars, rather than full images it uses a function to check the number of postings and adds an image to it....dunno the difficulties that might impose

Hope I make any sense :)

ZarPrime

JPDeni,

These stars are obviously for the post count based groups, not for regular membergoups.  The difference is that she is using 5 yellow stars for Captain and 5 red stars for Colonel.  See enclosed images.

ZarPrime

JPDeni

I know all that, guys. :) I looked at the code which displays the stars and I can't figure out what the code means. IIRC, it's in Load.php in either loadMemberContext or loadMemberData. Theoretically, I could probably just run those functions, but it seems such a waste of resources to get all that data when all I need is the stars. The problem I have is in breaking down the code for the stars to figure out how they got it.