TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 183
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 113
  • Total: 113

Bad install - Fatal Errors

Started by niblem, August 20, 2006, 02:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

Aero79 is already converted to work with TP. You just have to find the correct download for your version. :) Here's a link to that one.

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item201

You'll find that Themes are posted in a few different places. Some in the downloads manager which is where I pointed you to. And also in the forum where people like Crip have converted or Bloc and Storm who have made their own themes.

Just make sure you download the right version of SMF+TP theme based on your SMF version.

niblem

Ok, I am using your version and I am having the same issue.

With "Go directly to forum index" is check in frontpage tab of tinyportal settings, nothing but my news post is showing.  I also have no forum button along the top with home, profile, admin, etc.

I am back to where I was originally, having these same issues of things not appearing correctly.

Basically, what I'm trying to get at, all I have to do now to get the "Babylon" theme to work with TP is replace the index.template.php with the modifications?

(EDIT)Small correction.  I see now that the "chat" button is what directs you towards the forums.(EDIT)

captjlucpicard

Can you upload your index.template.php file? I know the problem you're having and I think I can fix it for you.

niblem

Hope this helps.

Also, do you know if I can get the default "Babylon" theme to work with TP and how would I go by doing that?

captjlucpicard

I tried to change a couple things. How does it looks now?

niblem

Can I just use your file and replace the one in forums/themes/babylon directory for it to work with that theme?

niblem

Just to update you: your file still doesn't enable my forums on the index/frontpage

captjlucpicard

Babylon? Well this is the one I use...

niblem

Babylon is a theme that comes default with SMF (Default-Core, Babylon, YaBB original)

Babylon is the theme I would like to use but I am having no luck making it work with TP

On another note:  Do I need to run the install.php for SMF now that I replaced all those files?

IchBin

niblem, did you try his index.template.php file he just posted above you? You don't need to run any install.php file unless you need to change things.