TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:58:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 92
  • Total: 92

Upgraded to SMF 2.0.1 & TP Never Worked right Again

Started by darlene, December 14, 2011, 01:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darlene

www.runningtrades.com
SMF 2.0.1
TP 1.0 RC2
English
Mobile by Crip
Internet Explorer 8
Stop Forum Spam 0.7
Tiny Portal

Back in October I upgraded to the latest SMF version which seemed to cause terrible problems for both tiny portal and Mobile by Crip. Crip tried to work through the problems with me and got most everything working but felt there was something really wrong with tiny portal and asked me to ask for help in the forum. An example is his template runs through the site but when you go to the downloads page the original smf template comes up and it will not use the default site template. Also in all the admin pages. The text does not come to the right of the menu everything is always below the menu so you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see, for example, the administration log. I have been working around this as was hoping an upgrade would come out after the latest smf upgrade but so far I don't think there has been anything.

The site is a private membership site so I have set up a temporary account username temp and password testing1. You will be able to see the download page where you will see the template error.

If you would like me to pm you and make the site an administrator account, just let me know as I would love to get the site running perfect again as Tiny portal and smf are just such a great combination.

I thank you in advance for any time you can provide.

Darlene

darlene

When I click on the footer of my site it says I am running 1.0 RCS, but I just looked at another forum post and they say there is a version 1.104, I too get confused on versions, is this my problem?

ZarPrime

Darlene,

I just looked at your site and it says you are running TinyPortal 1.0 RC2 (not 1.0 RC5) which is the latest public release.  The 1.104 that you have seen is the internal version and can be seen by looking at your Package Manager.

As for the problem you are describing, I am looking at your Downloads page and I don't see any issues but then I am using Google Chrome to view it, not Internet Explorer.  Of course, I can't view anything in your Admin section.  Perhaps you could describe a little better what the problem is and perhaps even include a screenshot of the issue with your next post.

ZarPrime

darlene

Okay yes I see so I am running the current version 1.1.04. Thank you for that. So when in another browser my downloads pages is the same template as the rest of the site, guess that is good, only tacky to me...

. Every page is like that, you have the left menu with everything on the right blank and the content appearing below the menu. I know I never have really got it set up right as I have never been able to promote an article to the front page, I just use a forum board for front page articles. If you would like to have a look as an admin I could change the account and pm you the log in info. I thank you for taking the time.

I think I may just view the site on my husbands mac and see if the downloads page works for him in firefox.

Thanks again.

Darlene

ZarPrime

I've never seen the issue you are having.  I could take a look at it if you want me to but are you sure that you are using the version of Crip's Mobile theme that was designed for SMF 2.0 and not the one that was designed for SMF 1.1.x?

ZarPrime

darlene

Pretty sure as he helped me fix it up when I upgraded to the latest version of SMF as it really went wonky and then he tried and to work on tiny portal and said I should ask for help here as he couldn't get the kinks ironed out. Would you like me to set up an admin account and you can poke around and see if you see some glaring problems as I know we are not supposed to pm anyone without permission.

ZarPrime

Yeah, go ahead and setup a temp admin account and PM me the details and I'll take a look.

ZarPrime

ZarPrime

darlene,

Login to your site as an Admin and then click the following link and see if that fixes your Package Manager view --> http://runningtrades.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=browse;togglebar

ZarPrime

darlene

Wow, yes it did, what kind of magic did you do, it seems weird to see things where they are supposed to be I kind of got used of everything being way down the page. Sometimes I would forget and think nothing was on the page.

Thank you so much for this, so now I am up to date and everything works, awesome, thank you.

ZarPrime

Well, actually, you could have done it a different way.  At the top of the page, on the right, you should see an icon that looks like this -->

If you click that, it will cause your menus to look the way you saw them.  If you then click the one on the left that looks like this, just to the right of the word "main" -->

It will fix it. ;)

I'll go ahead and mark this one solved and if you have any other issues, feel free to start a new topic.

ZarPrime