TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:37:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 117
  • @rjen

Undefined index: article_categories ~ Was Re: looking for manual install for tp 1 beta 5

Started by stog, May 22, 2010, 02:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

cheers
i noticed that in article admin the attached tab -- which links http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=clist
errors telling me i don't have permission

also have included the edit article pic - just querying the icon files , bearing in mind that was how a previous exploit occurred-- are they bona fide files i wonder?

ZarPrime

All that Catlist link does is give you a page that let's you choose "Which categories should appear in the Category tabs?" so I don't think that is an issue, at least not concerning the error we are talking about.  Ichbin has an SMF 1.1.11 / TP  1.0 beta 5-1 test site up so we can have him check this later if you are having a permission issue with that.

ZarPrime

Ken.

Quote from: ZarPrime on May 22, 2010, 06:16:17 PM

Ken is looking at a couple of links that I sent him where he reported similar errors right now to see if he can recall what it was all about.

ZarPrime
Thanks for the links ZP.
For most of those times during the Alpha process I was reporting the various issues and then waiting for the next release during those Alpha sessions because a given issue would generally be fixed or changed in the next release. That doesn't really help much in this case I'm afraid.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

ZarPrime

Thanks for the help Ken.

Stog, those images are OK.  They come with TinyPortal.  If you want to look at them they are located here on your site --> /public_html/YourSite/tp-files/tp-articles/illustrations

I need to take a break for awhile.  I don't know yet whether not being able to see the articles when using ?cat=1 is related to the block error.  Maybe Ichbin will see this and remember something on this.  I'll be back later.

ZarPrime

stog

thx again -- have a good w'end - we must get outside -- it's beautiful -- thx again  for helping me get the forum back on line - and cheers for the mighty s'ware too e'one

stog

ok
some observations..
i have trawled through all the categories - resetting who can see them
then the articles themselves
and then re-assigned the Articles Link from the front page and eventually got all the category headings to link true.

then i went to the front page blocks that were article categories, and moved them to either left or right blocks -- which brought up a dialogue "saying they weren't assigned to show on any page - i clicked 'front page , and they work.

however if i try moving them back to being a front page block they don't..

right thx for e'one's help -- i think 24 hours is well enough time spent :)
beerrrrrrrrrrrr and more beer !

ps the TPortal.php errors seem to have gone now that the categories are better sorted and the frontpage article categories moved

now only the Undefined index: article_categories
File: /home/*********fibsboard.com/user/htdocs/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 3553
errors remain, but they stack up!

ZarPrime

Quote from: stog on May 22, 2010, 09:59:53 PM
however if i try moving them back to being a front page block they don't..

ps the TPortal.php errors seem to have gone now that the categories are better sorted and the frontpage article categories moved

now only the Undefined index: article_categories
File: /home/*********fibsboard.com/user/htdocs/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
errors remain, but they stack up!

OK, there could very well be some errors with the Front Panel.  Unfortunately, right now, I don't have the latest beta installed on an SMF 1.1.11 install, only on SMF 2.0 RC3.  I have TP 1. beta 4 / SMF 1.1.11 test site so maybe I should go ahead and update that one to the latest version so that I can start testing some of these errors I've heard about with the Front Panel.

Anyway, you're right, we need to take a break from this for awhile and you need to do some more experimentation with the new version.  I know you put the category blocks in the right panel and they work now which is a good thing.  I don't know why you're still getting that error though unless it's coming from another block.

Here's something I wanted mention to you though you have probably already figured it out.  TP 0.98 had 4 panel types I believe (Front, Left, Right, and Center).  With the new version, the center panel has been replaced with an upper and a lower panel and 2 other panels have been added as well (Top and Bottom).  You should be able to put those category blocks in the Lower Panel and get the same look you had previously, if you wanted to do that.  Have a look at my Beta 5.2 test site here --> http://talesofthehavenexpanse.com/smf2test/index.php

If you scroll down the FP, you'll see test blocks for all the panels except the left and right , which are obvious.  If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you'll see the Lower Panel Test and, right below that one, you'll see 2 blocks side by side in the same panel (Cat List and Guild Officers).  All 3 of those blocks are in the Lower Panel and it is set up as a grid, 1 on top and 3 side by side (though I only have 2 side by side right now).  Those 2 blocks are both "Articles in Category" blocks.

Finally, I wanted to mention one other thing to you.  I know this weekend has been a long one for you and me both.  However, and I don't want you to take this wrong because I like that green background color on your site, that green combined with the blue colors of the SMF core theme is absolutely horrid, IMHO.  I think you should eventually consider upgrading your SMF to  2.0 RC3 so that you can use some of the new modern themes that are available.  Bloc and Crip both have some excellent themes for the latest version of SMF that are worth taking a look at for your site.  For instance, take a look at these links showing 3 different Crip themes on my test site ...
http://talesofthehavenexpanse.com/smf2test/index.php?theme=10
http://talesofthehavenexpanse.com/smf2test/index.php?theme=17
http://talesofthehavenexpanse.com/smf2test/index.php?theme=18

That second one is not quite as bright as the green you have on your site but it's nice anyway.  The first one may be a little dark for you but the 3rd one would be perfect for a Backgammon site like yours because most boards use colors similar to those.  The problem with upgrading is that most of the php blocks you have that use custom code may have to be edited to work with SMF 2.0.  Also, other SMF Mods that you use on your your site now will not will work and you will need to look to see if they have been updated to work with the new SMF.  The easiest way for you to work on this would be to clone your live site to a test site so that you have an exact copy of your current site and then you can upgrade that instead of doing it on your live site.  That lets you work on the test site without disturbing your members and, when you are ready, you can upgrade the live site.  This is just something to think about for the future.

ZarPrime

stog

thx Zar

i appreciate the comments (the lower panels work great on front page ty)
also i can confirm that a single article in a front page panel, works, whereas articles in a category do not.)

i have actually been preparing for an smf 2 upgrade but as it is still RC and some of the mods i require notfinished yet - i shall hold off..

i will deffo have a look at some of the theme suggestions and your test site

i wanted to change the green originally (to a grey olive green) but it is funny how we all get used to something!

i usually use adagio or corto type themes with other sites but the backgammon site was more difficult as it was based round tp 0.98 or earlier, when i took it over

thx for all your suggestions

and to the team for beta 1.5.1

fine work -- especially considering the complexity and varied function of the mod - allied to u having to adapt to the evolving RC's!

most of the errors now are for access to old article pages, some are pretty url some are not

eg
http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?pretty;page=55
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: in
File: /home/********fibsboard.com/user/htdocs/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 1752

or
http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?page=The Fibsleagammon Masters Final, Session 36
8: Undefined index: on
File: /home/*******fibsboard.com/user/htdocs/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 1674

also in tp admin

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL  http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=blocks
2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /home/********fibsboard.com/user/htdocs/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)

stog

just noticed this error on action=tpmod;shout (when clicking tpshout from Modules and tags/tp admin)
"Unable to load the 'main' template."

stog

are these undefined index/language/shoutbox errors
8: Undefined index: on
File: /**********fibsboard.com/user/htdocs/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 1674

related to
"it ain't easy being green" becoming
it ain't easy being green
in the shoutbox?