TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:08:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117

Undefined index: article_categories ~ Was Re: looking for manual install for tp 1 beta 5

Started by stog, May 22, 2010, 02:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

thx again Zar

ijust got the green theme template sorted i hope

but if you look on my front page (u may need to refresh constant edits still!) you see the top 2 posts i use for announcing have their original dates in big script -- can i get rid of the dates i wonder?
my main errors at the moment involve TPShout http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?pretty;action=tpadmin&sa=blocks
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: article_categories
File: /home*******/fibsboard.com/user/htdocs/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 3553

and i am trying toggling shout block options re language etc

ZarPrime

Quote from: stog on May 22, 2010, 02:18:42 PM
my main errors at the moment involve TPShout http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?pretty;action=tpadmin&sa=blocks
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: article_categories
File: /home*******/fibsboard.com/user/htdocs/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 3553

OK, Ken just logged in so I'm going to see if I can get hold of him.  He had a similar error to this one during the Alpha testing.  He may have some ideas on this one.

ZarPrime

stog

ZarPrime

Didn't get hold of him yet.  He just came on real quick and then logged back off.  I may try to get hold of him on Skype if I see him on.

In the meantime, I will do a little more research on that error to see what I can find.  It is likely a problem with one of your blocks though.  I just noticed that you have 3 blocks down near the bottom that have no content in them.  If those have custom code, you might want to try turning those off, clear out your error log, and see if the error still shows up.  If it doesn't then the problem is probably the code in one of those blocks.  Because it is an eval'ed error, a bad block is the likely culprit.  Turning off eval may give us the correct place to look for the error.  Do you know how to do that?

ZarPrime

stog

yes those contain article categories -- i was just starting to see if i could get them to show -- i wonder if it is because i have only forum posts in the front page settings, or that they were 'front page blocks' from 0.98?

maybe i'll turn em off first -- and check

stog

i think it is something to do with articles & categories
if u look at http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?cat=1

u don't ever get to see the articles or cats! (i did assign a category after the first mistaken install of tp 1, before this installation)

i ve tried changing their settings to a set width but am wondering whether they are trying to appear along with blocks?

Ken.

Got you PM ZP.  :up:
I looked back through the recent Alpha topics and didn't find much that would help on this shoutbox issue. What may have happened was that I may have just waited until the next release in the series of Alphas, because that was the approach used in several cases... in any case I don't remember specifically what happened about the shoutbox errors.
One thing that did happen several times was manual installs because whenever something goes haywire in the files my opinion has been that a manual install is the simple and easy fix.

In reading through this topic from the first page through to the last the thing that jumps out at me is this... too much stuff going on.
Not trying to be critical, just saying.  ;)

We should forget about any theme work until the forum is running right, so if the current issue is the shoutbox(?) then the forum should be in the SMF default theme and any work should be focused on just that one issue until it's resolved and then move on to the next.

Sorry that I'm not being more helpful.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

ZarPrime

Well, you're right Ken, this topic did get a little bit out of control.  However, I don't think the error has anything to do with the Shoutbox.  I think it has to do with 1 or more "Articles in a Category" blocks.  I'm looking at stog's site right now with the default theme at an article category that is supposed to contain articles but none are showing up ...
http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?theme=1;cat=1

Stog, that category does have articles in it, correct?  Check the Category settings and make sure that the articles in it are set to show to Guests.  Ken, that link should should the articles in that category.  The problem is that he had 3 old "Articles in Category" blocks when he was using TP 0.98 but when he upgraded, those blocks no longer show any content.  I seem to remember Ichbin working on a similar problem with someone back a couple of weeks ago but I can't put my fingers on that topic right now.

ZarPrime

stog

thx the link should be http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?cat=1 - default theme for all is the green - which is modded for other areas. Some of the asrticles may have been for varying membergroups but am going through them now

my problem with working with core theme is that there are mods set to the custom and so it is far simpler to now check with the custom green. i am however checking from time to time with core as i switch things on/off

the cat 1 articles referenced by the link above - can be seen by clicking the links in the right hand menu - they do display - but the category lists seem only available to admin

toggled pretty url's for tp articles to off btw

thx for e'one's input

ZarPrime

Well, when Ken mentioned the default theme, he was talking about the default SMF theme, not the default theme for your site, which can be a custom theme, as it is in this case.  Mods should always be installed to the SMF default theme, at least with SMF 1.1.x.  This is not required with SMF 2.0.  Anyway, what ken was talking about is that when trying to make things work correctly, you should alwasy try to make them work with the default SMF theme, and then, once they are working right, get them working with the custom theme.

Anyway, I think this error is with that particular type of block, whichever theme is in use.  I seem to remember that there were some problems with that particular block that Bloc was working on but I just can't recall what the deal was with it.  My test site is using TP 1.0 beta 5.2 now and the "Article in Category" blocks are working fine so I can't duplicate the problem.

Ken is looking at a couple of links that I sent him where he reported similar errors right now to see if he can recall what it was all about.  If he can't figure out anything, then maybe Ichbin will have some thoughts on it when he gets on.  In the meantime, I am going to split the posts out of this topic concerning the "articles in Category" error because, as Ken mentioned, this topic is basically out of control.

ZarPrime