TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:04:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 129
  • @rjen

Need some guidence on 0.9.7 install.

Started by lowandslow, January 06, 2007, 04:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowandslow

I have installed it several times before but I wanted to ask a couple questions given the fact that this site I am installing  it on very live and SMF is at 1.1.1

You can see that the install is still pertty clean but the site as been upgraded to 1.1.1.

Should I remove the security patch and then install TP, then reapply the patch?

What's really the best way for me to tackle this with the least chance of hosing the site?

Thanks!!

IchBin

TP hasn't been released to work with 1.1.1 yet. Although there has been a thousand posts for the work around so that it will work. It's simply to make the package able to install on 1.1.1.
The security patch won't have any affect on how TinyPortal installs, but the ad mod and google vid mod may. I'm not sure. It will tell if you something fails during the test install phase of the package install though. If you want to install TP on SMF 1.1.1 then you'll need to do this.
Open package-info.xml in the TP_097.zip and look for this:
        <install for="1.1 RC3, 1.1">
                <require-dir name="Themes" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="Sources" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="tp-downloads" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="tp-images" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="FCKeditor" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="wysiwyg" destination="$boarddir" />
                <readme type="inline">Install:TinyPortal0.9.7 for SMF1.1RC3/SMF1.1 Final</readme>
                <code>tp_install.php</code>
                 <modification format="boardmod" type="file">tinyportal09x-11rc3.mod</modification>
       </install>
        <uninstall for="1.1 RC3, 1.1">

Change to this:

<install for="1.1 RC3, 1.1, 1.1.1">
                <require-dir name="Themes" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="Sources" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="tp-downloads" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="tp-images" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="FCKeditor" destination="$boarddir" />
                <require-dir name="wysiwyg" destination="$boarddir" />
                <readme type="inline">Install:TinyPortal0.9.7 for SMF1.1RC3/SMF1.1/1.1.1</readme>
                <code>tp_install.php</code>
                 <modification format="boardmod" type="file">tinyportal09x-11rc3.mod</modification>
       </install>
        <uninstall for="1.1 RC3, 1.1, 1.1.1">

lowandslow

I tried the mod to the xml file (pretty easy) and the install goes without error. When I try to go back into the forums / home page, I get a blank white page.

G6Cad

One o more files that didnt apply during the install.

What you can do is download the manuall package and extract the files and upload and overwrite the old ones (make sure the actually DO overwrite the old ones)

Then download the zip file with the premade files and do the same with that package, when you are done with those 2 steps, point your browser to the file manual_tp_install.php and then refresh your forum

IchBin

If you follow the instructions in her 3rd paragraph you will lose any modifications you've made and/or the mods have made to your template/Source files that have been modified. If you don't know what you're doing you may not want to do that.

alianos

any ETA on when TP for 1.1.1 will go live?

IchBin

Let me ask you this. Can you write me a script that will have all these features in your free time and give me an expected date of when its going to be finished?

lowandslow

Well, I'm close. What I did was create a mirror copy of my live site on the same server but called the directory smftest. The I created a new database also smftest and restored a copy of my live database to it. The thought being is a mirror image I can test the TP install on. Everything is fine but now when I do the TP install through the package manager it is still trying to install it in the /smf directory not the smftest directory that I made. I cleared cookies and everything I can think of. Where am I going wrong?

lowandslow

I leaned my lesson on that question <haha> It will be done when it's done.  They are doing great work here, just need to give them time.

Lesmond

you will probably need to run repair_settings.php which you can get from smf