TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 10:44:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,175
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Inquiry regarding hosting w/ different domain name

Started by Barako, February 18, 2008, 08:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barako

Hi,

Here is the deal : I already have a domain with a host and am planning to buy another hosting plan.

My domain is example : www.DOMAIN1.net
and my registered domain in hosting plan is : www.DOMAIN2.net

Will this work?

Coz i only bought a 3 months hosting plan on my first hosting but since they are on sale now i am planning to buy another one that im planning to use in my domain.

Thanks.
:)

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Barako

No. I already have a hosting account. But the host package i bought was different from my domain name, and that is my problem.  :(

Host : www.EXAMPLE-ONE.com
My Domain Name : www.EXAMPLE-TWO.com

gffb

I think that you would just need to have your domain point to your hosts nameservers and then it should work.

If I understand you right you want both domains to point to you ONE site, yes this can be done

Skhilled

You should be able to buy as many hosting plan as you'd like. You can using each domain for each hosting plan. You can also redirect new domain to the current hosting plan so both point to the same url. You can also have 2 or more domains on the same hosting plan by using subdomains and addons.

Each hosting may have different software and different server configurations so I can't tell you exactly how to do this unless I know. Most use cPanel and that makes it easy to do what you want.