TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 03:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 107
  • Total: 107

Hacked/Defaced

Started by Paulie, April 29, 2006, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie

Quote from: agridoc on April 29, 2006, 04:21:17 PM
Paulie I saw from the message of G6 that members need activation by the administrator, did you allow guests shout?

Yeah i guess i should turn that off too eh.

Blue Steel

hmmm... so turn off shoutbox as its a security risk ???

Why do ppl have to disrupt everything just because they can. There is nothing safe anywhere in the world anymore. A world where Trust and ignorance gets you into so much trouble. and all the others do is laugh that they've caused aso much Havoc they don't care so long as they are having a good time.. in our case its the Cyber Vandals thats the problem.. not the ppl who hack systems and sites for a living.. just kids out for a good time, who read in the internet or were told by a friend how to disrupt particular web site constructs. and its the same no matter what you use. if you can build it they can break it..

Moral: Always Keep Backups and even Backups of your Backups

Wolfenrook

Bluesteel Bloc has fixed the shoutbox vulnerability already, you can get the updates from this thread.  Also if you are still worried then just make sure that you do not have your permissions set to allow guests to shout.

Wolfenrook.

Paulie

I did have backups, but they were on my hdd that got fried. But that`s another story ;)

akulion

oh my im so sorry for u

I hope everything works out for u!

Paulie

Thanks, yeah i think i`m all back to normal (or a normal as i can be ;)). Couple of things to get sorted, but other than that.

akulion

Paulie