TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:11:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 160
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 140
  • Total: 140

error, wont install properly

Started by harmsway, November 01, 2007, 10:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harmsway

It said there was something wrong with the template file, but I installed anyway just to see if it'd work. It worked at first, and said it was installed without any errors, but then I clicked on "admin" and it gave me an error. I tried going back to the home page and I got the same error. I'm running SMF 1.1.4

Quote8: Undefined index: fixed_width
File: /home/theresus/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Login.template.php (eval?)
Line: 216

That's the error I'm getting. Any idea how to fix it? Sorry if this was posted already!

IchBin

Assuming you're talking TinyPortal with the install. If you don't know if your install is good, you'll have to keep trying until it is. If a automatic install from the package manager doesn't work, try the manual install.

harmsway

I did install in manually cause it wouldn't install with the package manager. Anyway, I had to uninstall in manually as well, because I couldn't even get my site to load --- all it shows was that error. I removed all the TP files from my packages, sources, and etc. And I had to replace the default theme and other source files so I could at least see my site again. I tried installing TP again this morning and it was working great. I was able to go to my Admin panel and organize everything on it. Once I finished I clicked to go to the forum and that error is back. You can see what it looks like, if you want. (I don't know if i'm allowed to post links here, so sorry if its against the rules) http://theresus.net/forums   Why does it work for awhile and then gives me this error?

harmsway

And oh fritter. I just realized the error I copy and pasted wasn't the right error. No wonder why! I'm soooo sorry! I thought I copied it and I guess I wasn't paying attention when I pasted.

Here's the real error
Quote8: Undefined index: fixed_width
File: /home/theresus/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Login.template.php (eval?)
Line: 216

G6Cad

You should not get that error in the default SMF core theme when you install tp.
The fixed width werror usually show up on custom themes only

harmsway

It's the default theme, though... I'll try to delete all other themes I have installed, but I had it set on the SMF's default theme.

harmsway

Okay, I got it running, and I've realized it gives me this error once I logout. Then, when I go to the homepage or anything it all it shows is that error and I can't log back in. I suppose its something with guest?

G6Cad

Make sure your site urls is the same through the site so you dont have a mix of the like

http://yoursiteurl and http://www.yoursiteurl

To make sure you have the same through the forum, use the repairsettings.php from simplemachines.org download tools section.

harmsway

Just did that, and they all are all the same, but I'm still getting the error.

xgodzadjx

im getting the same error.  what can i do to fix it?

Quote10.Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed

harmsway

Mine didn't fail the test, it said it was succesful but when it installed I got an error with the login.template.php  file. It would work until I logged out -- your error says index.template.php

Anywho, I got mine fixed. A friend fixed it for me - I don't know what he did, but its working. Thanks for your help, though :)

IchBin

xgodzadjx use the search and you'll find your answer.