TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:04:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 245
  • Total: 246
  • @rjen

Problem writing articles

Started by ~FS~grizz, May 04, 2010, 07:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~FS~grizz

I have SMF 1.11.1 with most recent TinyPortal installed.

I cannot create an article, I have made 2 categories and can choose to write a BBC article for example and I just tried and used a free template from freenetlaw.com and after editing then copying the whole document - well, look at what I get on preview:
Quotefreenetlaw.com

FORGOTTEN-SOLDIERS  WEBSITE DISCLAIMER

No warranties

This website is provided �

The article should be a full page long and that is all I get.
Any ideas?

IchBin

It would be helpful for us to see what you put in the article, so that we would know what is missing. If you are using an HTML template, why are you using a BBC article?

~FS~grizz

I was going to look at editing a template into a notice about computer related advice given, the template was saved from www.freenetlaw.com
Saved as MS Word document, copied and pasted it is plain text, not html or anything just plain text.

Seems I cannot attach a file with .doc extension, should I convert to .txt file for you to see whole thing?

IchBin

or just zip it up. Copying and pasting from word is something I would advise against, as word likes to add it's own stuff to documents.

~FS~grizz

urg, should have known about word adding things to try be more helpful......

here it is

just copied and pasted into notepad as well, did not see any changes to text, plain text as far as I can see.
will try copy from notepad see if I get same results

just copiied and pasted to notepad, clean plain text, copied and pasted to article - same results

~FS~grizz

tested typing out word for word - it works !!!

I can only say thanks for advice and reminding me to not copy/paste from good ole word....  :laugh:

topic solved: DO NOT COPY/PASTE FROM WORD, it will place formatting you cannot see in the text that will make it impossible to publish/write an article !!!!

thanks again for prompt responses!
O0 O0 O0