TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:44:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 291
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 254
  • Total: 254

Dont show blocks to banned members

Started by _El_Chojin_, April 27, 2010, 12:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_El_Chojin_

Hi:
When i ban a member on SMF (1.1.11) i would like to dont show tinyportal block to him.
Link to my site:
SMF version: 1.1.11
TP version: 0.9.8
Theme name and version: default
Browser Name and Version: Firefox
Mods installed: dont affect to my problem

If anyone know how can i configure this (without adding all banned members to a group).

ZarPrime

_El_Chojin_,

I believe this is how it works.

Basically, when a member is banned, they are unable to login to your site until the ban is lifted.  Therefore, for all intents and purposes, when they look at your site, they are viewing it as a Guest.  The only way to not show blocks to a banned member is to also not show them to Guests, unless I am mistaken.

ZarPrime

_El_Chojin_

If you are logged on site, and after they ban you (you have cookies setted or something) because i see blocks and guest dont see it, and tinyportal is showing it to the test user that i'm using.

ZarPrime

This is probably because the banned used is seeing a cached version of the site which shows the blocks.  Until they have cleared their cache, or after a certain amount of time, they will likely continue to be able to see the blocks but not be able to interact with them.  In other words, if they are banned and they try to look at a recent topic listed in a block, they shouldn't be able to see the topic.

At least I think that's how it works.  One of the other Team Members may know more about it than I do though because I haven't tested things like this before.

ZarPrime

_El_Chojin_

He cant see topic but he see blocks, is not a cached version i use crtl + f5 and i see all blocks

JPDeni

It seems that you already know how to keep banned members from seeing the blocks, since you said

without adding all banned members to a group

You can add the banned members to a group.

There is a check when topics are displayed in the forum to see if the person as been banned. There is no such check built in to TP before blocks are displayed. It would be simpler for you to change the group of the banned member than to re-program TP.