TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:34:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 54
  • Total: 55
  • tino

TPReviews 1.0 rev.7

Started by IchBin, November 20, 2009, 02:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Quote from: Crip on November 20, 2009, 05:15:49 PM
I no how to install it Ken. Lol ..
But is it a Full install of TP?

ETA . Ok i think this is only a Module Review and not a Full TP install yes?

Yepp... it's only the Reviews and not TP.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Ken.

Not to worry Jeff... I was too slow. :)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

IchBin

Yes, feel free to drop my zip on the first post and add yours ken. Until I can figure out what the crud is wrong with my zipping that'll do.

lextalionis

Okay did an uninstall of the old TPReviews successfully and then did a delete successfully.  Downloaded the update zip from Ken in the OP of this thread and installed it successfully.  Below is a screen shot of the install status:

Also, what are the two radio buttons (top one currently selected) for under the Notifications Type as show below:

Just doing the initial tests, but wanted to post this now.

Couple of quick thoughts:

1.  previous reveiw data in the DB was preserved after the uninstall and delete.
2.  I see my avatar only on the individual item index page only:  http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;rvws;sa=viewcat;id=1
3.  Posted a "Test" comment which works fine but no avatar on the comments page:  http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;rvws;sa=viewitem;id=3
4.  Trying to find the setting for the "Show Recent 10 on Front Page" but haven't yet.  I do have the TPReviews Bloc custom code given by Dragooon on the first page of the original post, which is still working here:  http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php
5.  Under TinyPortal Admin, Modules and Tags it still shows Dragooon as the Author, which I presume is correct, just stating for post uninstall/install records.

Thanks,
Roy

IchBin

1. Good, that's the way it should be.
2. Yes, I've only added avatar to show you posted the items.
3. I don't recall anyone requesting avatars for comments, so I'll see about adding that in.
4. That is where the show recent review setting is. It would seem that something has happened with the language strings. Can you copy the TPReviews.english.php file from tp-files/tp-modules/TPReviews/language to Themes/default/languages/ folder? Let me know if you see text on next to those radio buttons.
5. That is fine for now, I've slowly started putting TP team in the credits and stuff. I'm not sure what kind of credit Dragoon wants for now, so I'll ask him before I finish changing all those things.

Ken.

@IchBinâ„¢... I didn't add 'rev.7' to the name of the current attachment, if you need me to do a re-zip on the next one I'll try to remember to do that.

lextalionis

"4. That is where the show recent review setting is. It would seem that something has happened with the language strings. Can you copy the TPReviews.english.php file from tp-files/tp-modules/TPReviews/language to Themes/default/languages/ folder? Let me know if you see text on next to those radio buttons."  This is done.

Okay, still no text and that's after a cache delete and hard refresh.  I also tried changing the radio button from the top to the bottom and selecting bottom and saving resulted in a slight shift in the admin panels and the addition of the search bloc in the top right...weird...shown below.  Also attached is the language file.

http://www.motleypixel.com/public/posts/tp_reviews_v1_2.jpg

-Roy
---------
Edit ))
This image was wayyyyyyy to big .......
I left the link .. please do not post huge images ......
.....a link will work thank you Roy... Ok  :)

Crip~

IchBin

language file looks fine. Where is this file from? Can you look at the file in both locations and see if the last several lines are the same?

@Ken
No worries. I have the version number in a text file inside the zip so I'm not too worried at the moment.

lextalionis

Okay, in the screen shot below...the left is the file I copied from the new tp modules/tpreviews dir to the themes\default\languages folder  and the right is the current one in the new tp modules/tpreviews dir.

http://www.motleypixel.com/public/posts/tp_english.jpg