TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 07:20:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 274
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 271
  • Total: 271

ARABIC Child Board

Started by vivid, September 25, 2007, 10:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vivid

would you please create Child Board for ARABIC?

There are many members ask support of TP in simplemachine forum. why we can not help them here.

IchBin

There may be a few that want it, but are there really that many to warrant another language board here? I don't want to create another board here if only 3 or 4 people are going to post in it.

Nikki Sixx

Vivid, can you recommend a descent Web-based English to Arabic translator?

G6Cad

Also i dont think it's possible to make a Arabic childboard in this forum, arabic language reads from right to left, and i think it will be a lot of issues with that if we tried to create an Arabic childboard when the rest of the languages and forum reads from left to right.

vivid

Quote from: G6 on September 26, 2007, 09:23:21 AM
Also i dont think it's possible to make a Arabic childboard in this forum, arabic language reads from right to left, and i think it will be a lot of issues with that if we tried to create an Arabic childboard when the rest of the languages and forum reads from left to right.

hi
In most of big and small projects Arabic language usually there. we can also help in Translation. About index.template.php direction, led me tell you in my TP I changed the direction from right-to-left to suitable Arabic Language it is so easy. I know it is impossible to you to understand this language and you can not help in address issues. but we can help Arab members who do not understand Enaglish that will be through TP FORUMS

Mr. croco I think who help you in TP Arabic Translation. He is also a moderater in Arabic SMF Forum (Simplemachine). He can help all Arab here.

Hadi

Why not creating a child board with left to right orientation.

agridoc

It's good to see increased interest for TP  :)

TP is tranlated in arabic, the main problem for some language boards was codepage and database use, as chars were stored as entities. However, now the new site is in UTF-8.

Right to left works OK with SMF. It might need some work in templates to work OK with TP too, along with left to right. Experience might be beneficial for all and for TP internationalization but some patience might be needed.

As it might need some extra work, it's up to Bloc to decide.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

jaafar

Yes Web Would like the arabic Translation for This Child

Master

i could help in this and i can provide code fix for themes so they can be supported by right-left languages if it is needed

i am happy to support this :)

IchBin

We will discuss this as a team and see what everyone thinks.

samo_zin123

guys i think we need that child board badly
i got 2 smf/tp site
they are in arabic too
www.salamoz.com
www.softolive.com
and if i got another one it will be smf/tp

iam not good at english .not my frist lang as u know
i tried to make that arabic support in my site but i realized that i dont have enough to manage that board
any way many arabic ppl rejects using smf/tp scripts coz there is no  arabic support for them
any way if u make this board this will encurage more ppl to use tp

by the way
http://www.simplemachines.org/

already overcomes the right to left problem by using the dropdown language select form
u can ask them about it

notice
more ppl=more theme shopping

more ppl=more free themes

and sorry for my bad lang

samo
       smf/tp lover

G6Cad

As said before just one post before yours
QuoteWe will discuss this as a team and see what everyone thinks.

We are talking about it with the team if and what will be needed to add an Arabic childboard.

kadhumia_flo

I have a very large (70 users at any time) vb board, and i want to convert to SMF and TP. Please add an arabic child so i can ask for help there.

You dont need no rtl or anything like that as arabic can be placed anywhere:

اÙ,,سÙ...Ù,,اÙ... عÙ,,يكÙ... ورحÙ...Ø© اÙ,,Ù,,Ù‡ وبركاته

the only issue is the alignment, and thats not a big problem (plus you can change the alignment easily)