TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 12:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80

Need your opinions [request]

Started by akulion, May 02, 2006, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nite0859

sorry... akulion ... he and i are on dreamhost right now. if he's having issues with a php accelerator installed then i'll eventually have them too..

superQ

akulion

Quote from: nite0859 on May 24, 2006, 05:06:06 AM
sorry... akulion ... he and i are on dreamhost right now. if he's having issues with a php accelerator installed then i'll eventually have them too..

hi - i have no clue what that is lol

but i dont seem to be having any issues at all the only issue I can think of is when there are too many people online suddenly at one time the database will return an error - but im guessing thats simply cos of the load limits or something, but that goes away in a matter of literally minutes as soon as some people are gone.

nite0859

Quote from: akulion on May 24, 2006, 09:59:10 PM
Quote from: nite0859 on May 24, 2006, 05:06:06 AM

hi - i have no clue what that is lol

but i dont seem to be having any issues at all the only issue I can think of is when there are too many people online suddenly at one time the database will return an error - but im guessing thats simply cos of the load limits or something, but that goes away in a matter of literally minutes as soon as some people are gone.

Well, you might want to take a look at my site. I have a child board dedicated to unofficial dreamhost support. In that child board, I spell out the procedure that I took to get my site up and running with dreamhost. You may or may not find it useful. If anything, you could try it out. If things start going wrong with your forum, then all you need to do is delete the .htaccess file that I have put up. On my forum, after I delete .htaccess, then the default dreamhost configuration kicks in immediately. And until the .htaccess file is created, the default dreamhost configuration remains in effect. So, in other words, you could do a silent experiment to see if my installation guide improves the load on your forum.

I'm curious, that's all. I've done it so many times on my own forum, I'm interested in whether or not it actually IS an improvement, you know?

Regards.