TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 100
  • Total: 100

Upload/Download problems in TP

Started by examino, May 24, 2006, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

examino

Hi there, i hope you can helo me again with something. IAlthough I've set maximum upload limit 50000kb, i still can't upload a file greater than 9000kb (9mb). Plus, when i download SOME of the videos (mpeg extension manually added) available on my website using Tp modules, they are corrupted. They run for only 2 or 4 secs and then stop.

Do you have any idea what is this about and how may i fix it?

G6Cad

Check the permissions for the folder you have the files in "tp-downloads"
If you have the right permission to the folder, and the files in it, you have to go in to your database and change the value there (maby even your host have to do it, cant remember what i have read about it in some post here)

Do a search and you will have some threads that cover the most of this matter

examino

CHMod is 777 for TP_downloads. That's fine. Still, problem remains. What should I do exaclty?

IchBin

What is your server's php set at for maximum upload? Ask your host if you don't know. As for the corrupted file, I am unsure.

agridoc

examino, this is definetely a host related error.

Each server has a PHP upload limit, they start from 2Mb and go up to 10Mb by default, as far as I know. In many hosts this can be overrided by modifying php.ini, if allowed.

As far as download is concerned check first if by FTP if the upload is really complete. If yes, then again is a host issue. Ask for more memory and timeout. I had a problem with a "hole" in the past between 2 and 4mb, finally solved by the host with an upgrade they did.

However, I finally took the decision and followed Jay Bachatero's wise advise and changed host  :laugh:

If problems persist, the latter could be the only solution, however, it is not an easy decision.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

anunlike

I had a similar problem and I got my host to increase, IIRC, "max_execution_time" to "90", which helped. I can't remember if anything else was changed or not, he might have also increased "max_input_time" to "120".

What is phpinfo.php?