TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 129
  • @rjen

[REQUEST] Custom Form that posts on site

Started by mythus, December 14, 2007, 03:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mythus

Greetings,

While searching the site I have found several solutions that enable creating a form where responses are emailed to you. However, what I am looking for is something similar to what is in MSN groups. Basically, something that allows the user to hit the "Add Item" button on a page, and it takes them to a form. After completing the form, they hit submit, and it adds the form to the specific page of a website, not sending it through e-mail. I would also love a sort of indexing solution such as everything being arranged in alphabetical order, and you click on the letter A to go to that submitted form, but if I can just get the form to post to the website, and all of them post to the same website... then I would be satisfied.

Now, so far I have only managed to create a basic form.

<form method="post"action="http://norovia.com/somearticlehere">
<label>SomeLabel:</label><input type="text" name="somelabel" size="30" /> <br />

<p id="buttons"><input type="submit" value="Submit" /><input type="reset" value="Start Over" /></p>

That is the code I have so far. Now I just need to find some way to have it "post" the responses within the article that I put this code in. Here is a snapshot from my old old MSN site, where I had this at long ago (there it is an already enabled MSN feature).

I hope that explains what I am trying to do.

I myself would use it to create a better character profile system, where profiles would be more easily stored and organized. However there would be many other  uses for this kind of thing too, such as user-created rosters and the like.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

jacortina

First, sit down and design your DB table (or tables). You're going to have to store this stuff and only you know what you want to store. Once it's stored, you can query for it and present it whatever way you'd like. It becomes somewhat trivial to pick and choose what you want to show and in what order.

Then you can look at those snippets that send email and where it sends email off, you'd INSERT new row in the table.