TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:30:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41

Finding out the 'Resolving Missing Text in new SMF/TP' - step-for-step

Started by wimvincken, November 20, 2007, 07:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wimvincken

I don't think so.

TP Install Method? What are you talking about? I see that you didn't even take the effort to look more carefully. All those details are reported in the install logs of every mod installed, including the SMF - to the last detail.

I have installed many installations of SMF that way and after a while this happened.
The thing I am confused about in this instance is that the problem does not happen when I installed it.

I will take the install logs from one of my medium servers and install the same in the weekend.

It might have something to do with TP or not, we will see. One thing, no problems with the other servers without TP!
If needed, I will set ten people on this problem and solve it the statistical way. Money and time is not the issue, it is the intent and when that happens in this way, the results stays with me.

You mentioned Host/Server, PHP version, MySQL and language versions, all of that info is on the test site.

That will of course not have any impact, because it is the newest server with the newest versions of anything. I suggest to think before you write an useless reply.

A poll to users who must give their feedback will not solve anything then waste their and your time.

If you really want to solve the issue and not some worthless expressions or other nonsense, then you can better help me with the thing. It is the only way to get to the bottom of it. Otherwise it might be better to bring to problem to Simple Machines, don't you think?

IchBin

wimvincken, before you continue insulting a team member here you might want to think twice. He offered his "opinion", that doesn't mean its useless nor does it mean that he didn't think it through. You will be lucky to receive any response, or not get banned with an attitude like that. I suggest you chill out, and just take the responses that you get with a grain of salt.

Zetan

Well, to cap this off.

It seems I wasn't listening?
To me it seems all of my points were ignored, and at any time another member, Team or otherwise could have voiced an opinion, nobody did.

My bullet points were to highlight differences in server settings between other hosts.
My server, php version, MySQL version may well be different to yours.
There are differences in the way SMF/TP can be installed, as discussed many times, from installation via Fantastico, to a manual TP install.

So, what common points can be highlighted between the setup I have, and the setup you have?
This topic from the very start had nothing to do with the Character settings.. So why title it as such?

The topic is/was to determine a "Similar Looking" problem.