TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 08:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 127
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83

Important langauge files !!

Started by Master, January 13, 2007, 03:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

Im not missing any point at all, i read what you mean, but you dont follow what im saying.
We will NOT sit here and put the few strings in every language pack there is when we allready SAY what strings to add where if you want to updaye your own files.
We dont NOT provide the language packs, our members do this of their free will and because they want to help.

Should be enough with a post about what strings, where to get them, and for our members to actually do the update by them selfs.

Master

don't bother yourself i am sorry i started this topic it was useless :-\

Master

me again yesterday i got this messages by pm in smf

Dear brother,

First of all, thank you for all the support you give us! We really appreciate that..
I wanted to ask you for something I can't ask on the forum because it's personal I guess. Well, i was asking if you can offer me TinyPortal 9.7.1 Arabic files! And i would be very glad if you do so.. If not, would you please help me by telling me how to do so? I think I may handle it.

so i told him what he have to do to get them(as you mentioned) by searching fot previous verion of translated files and download the english files and add the added Strings

but he replied today this

Sorry for inturrupting again! I was looking at TinyPortal.net and I couldn't find any arabic files! Would you please tell me where I can get them from?

here is an example of some users that couldn't find the translated files

please try to fix this !!

G6Cad

As i said before to you, you have to fix it your self from the info given here, and from Bloc.

You have to understand that all of this is things we do on free time, and it's not anything you pay us to do, so some effort has to be done by our members from the info you get from Bloc (developer) and the rest of the team here.
Also TP isn't in any way ready, it's in a beta version, and a lot of things change all the time, so free time equal the work you ask us to do don't add up.
The time we have on our hands needs to be placed elswere for support.
Bloc is the soul Dev here, he is also the only one except IchBin that have access to the Admin side of the download section, so if they had to sit there for ever little change to first download, then edit, and then upload all the files in the download section again is somewhat to much.

So if you get PMs on SMF about TP language files, just point them here and we will show them the way or point them in the correct direction to the info they need to have in order to have a translated forum.
It's not up to you to tell them what to do or not, it's we here on TP that have stated whats best for us and the time we have on our hands.

I really hope you can understand this now, cause you can keep posting 100 times more, and the answer will still be the same from our side.
The info about what to add and where is in several places, all the languages aren't there in our language folder, but the English Default is, and the rest is up to the members and their free time to translate and if they want to, even share it with others.  This goes also if there are only one single line to translate, or the 4 files in all.

Perhaps when TP goes final we can spend more time with translation packages and give support in a deeper way, but as things are now, we have set it to what there is and what i already have said.

Master

so what do you say i volunteer for this job (only adding the added strings to old files languages and post it here ) would you put those edited files in tp languages download section for latest version ?

G6Cad

Topic is now locked for further posts OR explanations on how we do things here

IchBin

croco, everything is done in everyone spare time here. Its hard enough to keep up support, let alone take every suggestion into consideration. Do you have time to do this? I sure don't. Do you have time to compare the language files or 0.9.5 with 0.9.7.1 ? I sure don't. The point is, sometimes things change. This is the way we do it here. Everytime a new version comes out the "volunteers" translate everything. Thats how it works. If you'd like to do this and make sure nothing has changed besides the additions, then feel free to update everything yourself as most of us don't have the time.

bloc

Ok, this is something that has changed in the recent versions, mainly because of lack of time and differing alpha/beta versions. I DID update all available languages whenever a new version was made, putting in missing language items up until version 0.9.2-0.9.4 I think.

Point is, I will go over and do it for 0.9.7, since its a relative stable release at this point.

Also, the moderators answers here are correct, but I have been a little unclear on how we should do things. I think its in everyones best interest for me to simply update all languages with missing strings, taking into account available time etc.

That way its easier to spot new strings for translators/users and users won't get their forums filled with errors of missing strings.