TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 07:44:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 274
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 260
  • Total: 260

Unable to instal theme

Started by sveta41, March 15, 2010, 03:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sveta41

Link to my site: http://dhost.info/mmoworld
SMF version: 1.1.11
TP version: 1.083 beta4
Theme name and version: Babylon Theme
Browser Name and Version: FireFox/3.6

Ok i have downloaded some Crip's theme's from this forum and tried to install them, using this steps Admin>Themes and Layouts>Manage and instal>Instal from file..When installation is finished i get report that it was successful, anyhow when i try to apply the theme  whole site becomes just links on a white background, no images at all, like there is no css file at all, when i check the themes folder where theme should be installed, there is just an empty folder of that theme...

IchBin

Have you tried any other themes just to make sure it's not a problem with any particular author themes or anything?

sveta41

Yeah i have tried all free themes for SMF 1.1.x from blocweb..Even tried few of your themes..Always same thing, sais that installation was successful, yet its just creates an empty folder of that theme..

ZarPrime

sveta41,

Welcome to TinyPortal.

There is not much we can do to help you until you have taken your site out of maintenance mode and given us something to look at.  Once you have done that, please post back.  Also, it might help if change the current theme to the default SMF theme (not Babylon) so that we can see what it looks like and allow users to change themes, at least temporarily.

ZarPrime

IchBin

Sounds like more of an issue with SMF or your server. If it does this with every theme it's not a problem with the theme. I'd suggest seeking help at SMF with this. They'll know more about your problem than we will.

sveta41

Quote from: ZarPrime on March 15, 2010, 03:14:14 PM
sveta41,

Welcome to TinyPortal.

There is not much we can do to help you until you have taken your site out of maintenance mode and given us something to look at.  Once you have done that, please post back.  Also, it might help if change the current theme to the default SMF theme (not Babylon) so that we can see what it looks like and allow users to change themes, at least temporarily.

ZarPrime

Ok i have taken it out of maintenance mode and placed a block for user to change themes

sveta41

Also when i check error log i get this:

2: mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 210619 is not allowed to access /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/mmoworld/Themes/marvel owned by uid 48
File: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/mmoworld/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1232

IchBin

Yeah, that would likely be the problem. Safe_mode restricts a lot of things. If you're host can give you a configuration to allow you to install a theme, they'll need to turn safe_mode off. Otherwise you're screwed.

sveta41

Ok i managed to install it by manually uploading unzipped theme file, in theme folder and to install from it and it worked