TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 120
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 101

emergency site check!!!!

Started by superQ, February 10, 2007, 09:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superQ

Thanks. But I can't understand why I see it correctly one minute. then 3 hrs later it is no good, then its good, then bad,then the next day it is all right. then no good..??.

You seem to know so let me ask you why it always,as far as i know, shows up correctly behind a proxy server

It has been nearly a week since it was changed

PowerPyx

The thing with proxys...

ok let me say like : you gave me your phone number directly - i have it, i can call it. -- or i have to take a look in a telephone book - there i might find your number or not, or the incorrect.

proxys didn't use only the offical dns caches - they also uses other users "pathes" to an IP and they remember that - some only for seconds, others for days or weeks.

All a bit strange .. i know ( i work for one of the biggest webhosting companies in europe)

at least what whois.de do is : asking the nic of org domains for the correct ip.

my browser asks my providers dns, his dns shows the wrong.

you really go an ask your provider why the %/)()Ã,§$) hell he isn't able to spread the correct dns informations.

Sorry - english is not my native language - I can't explain all what I know about that stuff :(

Pyx

superQ

Plenty good english. do you mean the web  host or the isp provider

"you really go an ask your provider why the %/)()Ã,§$) hell he isn't able to spread the correct dns informations'

PowerPyx

the web host :)

edit : all the web host companies have contracts with some / most of the main registers. like for .de domains the DENIC - your web hoster has to send the informations about the new IP adress to the .org ( http://www.pir.org/ ) Main registrar. he does allready - but it seems like he didn't send the update to the DNS Cache Servers

superQ

superQ

Thought I would let you guys know that when the host was fixing the redirect or whatever problem he migrated my site to another server and told me to change the name servers "when it was fixed". I never changed them because I thought it was never fixed. In reality it wasn't fixed till I changed them.. :2funny:

I should have known better. He is an exellent host and I couldn't imagine him leaving me without fixing the problem...He didn't ;)

IchBin

hahaha, let me refer you to your sig Q. :D

superQ

I defenswe of Q he didn't migrate it till last Saturday. Up till then he was trying to fix it..So basically superQ was trying to access an unaccessable site for 2 days :uglystupid2:

IchBin

lol, well.. its good to see you can have some sanity now at least. :)

superQ

If anybody actually went there without me specifically asking them to I would really have flipped out :2funny:

Thank Q everyone..  :laugh: