TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:22:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 66
  • Total: 67
  • tino

[Comment] I really love TP .95!

Started by JPDeni, September 22, 2006, 06:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maya

I  have to admit there is a wealth of info over there...like Thurnok said.. just 'overwhelmingness'...and some very useful things I have picked up from there

And as for TP becoming part of SMF...the sentiments above ring very true, and of all the forums I have been to,I think TP really is a model of what CAN be...maybe some of the energy here will overflow back to SMF....

Xarcell

I don't think TP is becoming part of SMF?

TP is a SMF modification, not a module. Without SMF, TP would not be possiable, not even on another kind of software. No as flexiable anyways. TP owes alot to SMF.

SMF used to have really good support just like here at TP. But as someone said, they just got swamped and wasn't prepared for it. They stepped it up a notch by writing better documention with the 1.1. Mod's was a killer too, as they created alot of problems, and made people ask for alot of support. We need to come up with a way to deal with that too. I have an really good idea up my sleeve, but just waiting for the right time to bring it out. TP needs to be setup for module plugins first...

That's why it's so important that we write alot of clear cut documention that's easy to a noobie to find. So this doesn't happen to the TP community in the long run...

Xarcell

BTW, I love TP too...

When I first found TP, I was torn between TP and Simple Portal. Then I realized that Bloc actually listens to what people have to say that could make TP better. Instead of having alot of ego and trying to use his ideas only...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The TP community has made TP what it is today, and we have Bloc as the guy to thank for it.

Thanks Bloc!

Thurnok

Bloc, help me out here.  I saw you post somewhere (here or at SMF) about TP becoming part of SMF somewhere down the road.  So either I'm crazy, or I did read something from you regarding that, which is it?   :uglystupid2:

Xarcell - Well, though I posted earlier "I'm glad TP is a module..."  I certainly know it is not a module, and in fact a "mod".  Let's not get into a grammer war here, because I think I can clobber you with that.   :2funny:

IchBin

I don't ever recall Bloc saying that Thurnok. I do recall him saying that he has no such plans to do that.

Thurnok

It's possible I misread it.  I can't find the post right now one way or the other. heh

bloc

Yup, it would be the latter perhaps...I always saw TP as a mod to SMF.

Whether its should be part of the Simple Machines products like the forum is way into the future to decide. There have been already CMS projects started from within the team there, so I am actually going about it from the opposite direction. That is, dependant on SMF or not. :)

alan s

Quote from: Xarcell on September 23, 2006, 01:15:24 AM
BTW, I love TP too...

When I first found TP, I was torn between TP and Simple Portal. Then I realized that Bloc actually listens to what people have to say that could make TP better. Instead of having alto of ego and trying to use his ideas only...

Thanks Bloc! ( and all the other Twp Team )

The way i found tinyportal was seeing the copyright on Maxâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢'s site . When i first found tinyportal i knew very little about
web coding and design.I specifically remember Ichbin and Bloc helping me out when i had my first few problems and patiently explaining things when i did not understand it.Because Bloc actually listens to peoples suggestions it enables tinyportal to go far because tinyportal has what its users want.

Thanks Bloc

stormlrd

TP is designed to integrate with SMF not the other way around but I do have to say Im glad tp has the support team it does lol because I get a little annoyed with the arrogance Ive have seen at SMF. some are good but some lol well you know what I mean.

Crip

TP is the only SMF "mod" I ever use.. :up:
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes