TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 02:04:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 71
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 107
  • Total: 107

[Comment] I really love TP .95!

Started by JPDeni, September 22, 2006, 06:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPDeni

I just had to say how much I love the additions in TP.95. In particular, as someone who is creating a *lot* of php articles, I appreciate the additions of the "[Edit article]" link at the bottom of the article and the "[Preview]" link at the top of the editor. It has saved me so much time just in clicking back and forth while writing code and then it checking out. I'm a "small increment" sort of coder, so I do lots and lots of checking. This is fantastic.  ;D

Also,  :up: for moving the "delete" graphic in both the articles and blocks managers. No more accidentally hitting them and risking very bad language as I realize I have just destroyed all my work. (Note to self: It's still a good idea to back up your pages in a separate place.)

bloc

:) Glad you like it. And good suggestions too! I come to use those quick-links all the time myself. No more multiple pages to keep track of.

stormlrd

Quote from: Bloc on September 22, 2006, 06:44:21 PM
:) Glad you like it. And good suggestions too! I come to use those quick-links all the time myself. No more multiple pages to keep track of.

yep and shoutbox needs one directly to the edit shouts lol. Seriously it is great.

G6Cad

And why are we calling this our HOME for :)
Just because it IS so great and warm for not say, Homie :D

Maya

The last couple of days, I have been going though different files and stuff...

You have made incredible leaps and bounds in creating a very 'robust' module ( I don't really consider TP a module anymore to be honest)

great work Bloc...

And yah, it is pretty homie around here.. :)

Thurnok

/ditto

/ditto

oh, and...
/ditto

I'm actually glad TP is a module, and not part of SMF.  If it were part of SMF, we would be stuck being part of so much a larger community that it would be hard to keep up.  :)

Maya

not to mention that getting replies there is iffy  :(  if you get one at all... :tickedoff:  ;D

Thurnok

I think its just too much to support.

It's like a large corporation vs. a small company.  The bigger you get, the more red tape, the more "corporate" environment/attitude.  People there are nice enough, but you'll always have that sense of "overwhelmingness".

I know that TP is heading in the direction of becoming a part of SMF instead of a module, but I think that I will actually be sad the day it happens.

G6Cad

QuoteI know that TP is heading in the direction of becoming a part of SMF instead of a module, but I think that I will actually be sad the day it happens.

I dont think this community will come even close to the attitude SMF have in their forum, i agree on the support, they bearly answer any questions there, more or less bite you off when they ask if you have TP installed, cant say why though.
What i do know is that the tone here, will be kept, thats why they come over here instead of asking there, we see it every day :)

alan s

Quote from: Mrs G6 on September 22, 2006, 09:14:39 PM
QuoteI know that TP is heading in the direction of becoming a part of SMF instead of a module, but I think that I will actually be sad the day it happens.

I dont think this community will come even close to the attitude SMF have in their forum, i agree on the support, they bearly answer any questions there, more or less bite you off when they ask if you have TP installed, cant say why though.
What i do know is that the tone here, will be kept, thats why they come over here instead of asking there, we see it every day :)

Tinyportal support is excellent. Everyones friendly , Alot of  the smf staff are friendly aswell. Some people can be friendler than others over there. I actually hate to say it but even being a charter member doesnt give you "priority" support.........Sure theres a helpdesk available for charter members but that isnt a whole lot better than the forum support.....at least sometimes on the forums other users have the answer to your quirey.