TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 107
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47

[Backup]

Started by redshark, September 27, 2005, 06:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redshark

Hi all,

iÂÃ,´m very new on php and mysql.....

now i search for a very easy solution to make a daily backup of our forum. so in the worst case we can refresh our forum in very short time.

Any Tips & Tricks ?

- we are using Neptune_tp and the neptune_smf

Thx a lot

ReD

eldacar

Go to Forum Maintenance and download the database dump it will make for you there. I'm not sure if that will backup any TP stuff though.

bloc

It won't. It has a different prefix than your smf installation. Best is to use ftp for the files, and phpMyAdmin for the tables.

Although some servers/hosts can download the whole website in one file..check if you have that option.

borgBOB

The problem with a 'whole site' back-up is restoring a very large file. If you have a small file/site, then
it should be no trouble. (except that it's a manual process)
But if you site grows to 1/2 a GB, then up-loading the back-up to restore it could take a long time.

Some hosts offer 'cron' jobs that will run automatically on a pre-set schedule, but I don't know how to use them.

bloc

True. Cron jobs might be better.

I simply use a ftp manager, download any new files of attachments and avatars, and do a phpMyAdmin "export" job. But of course it takes time when the site is big.

redshark

Thx for this tips

my hostserver have the option to do the "cron jobs" but iÂÃ,´m also doesnÂÃ,´t know how it works. so i will check this feature next days

Cheers

ReD

IchBin

Cron jobs are pretty easy. Here's an example of one of mine that I use.

25 01 * * * tar -zcvf DBbackup.tar.gz /var/lib/mysql/

# Minute - Minutes after the hour (0-59).
# Hour - 24-hour format (0-23).
# Day - Day of the month (1-31).
# Month - Month of the year (1-12).
# Weekday - Day of the week. (0-6; the 0 refers to Sunday).

Explaination:
So by the standard above my cronjob will backup my MySQL database on the 25th minute of 1 AM everyday of everymonth on every weekday. If you don't specify a number in each section and put in a *, that means you'll be specifying every day or month etc..

redshark

Thx....IchBin

i will check this next time

at the moment i have the challenge to fix problems on the neptune style by Bloc bevor 01.Oct 05

- i need a calendar in german speak and the function to edit the "holy days". In vers. 1.05 i donÂÃ,´t have these oprion and i donÂÃ,´t know if i can upgrade to RC1. IÂÃ,´m using neptune_smf & neptune_tp

- Bloc tells me that a user will build a language pack ( german ) for TP ....but i donÂÃ,´t know if the pack is closed to download or is it on work or freeze ?!

cheers

ReD

IchBin

I don't think anyone has done german yet. Seeing as you know english pretty good you could actually do this yourself if you dare give it a try. There are three files for TinyPortal that you need to translate if you can. Here's the post that has the files you need to change. All you need to do is go through and change all the language between the ' and '.
Like this:
$txt['tp-changetheme'] = 'Change'; to $txt['tp-changetheme'] = 'ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¾nderung'; <--- I can't remember if that's the right German word or not lol. I have a friend that can speak German but I am unable to get ahold of him right now. If you don't think you can do it, I wouldn't worry about it I will probably be able to get my friend too.

Here's where you can download the files in Bloc's post.
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=867.0

redshark

So let me see what i can do for this language pack  :coolsmiley:

cheers

ReD