TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 07:26:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 2
  • Guests: 105
  • Total: 107
  • @rjen

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

Nango-Gamers - A COD Black Ops clan for the more mature gamer!

Started by Nango, January 22, 2011, 04:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nango

GENERAL
Site Name: Nango-Gamers
Site URL: http://www.nango-gamers.co.uk
Site Owner: Griff
Site Designer: Griff
Theme Designer: Crip
Site Genre: Clan/Gaming

INTRODUCTION

I've used various forums for years and used vB, IPB, phpbb etc but it's only in the last couple of years I've started using SMF more and more often. I feel pretty confident with the forum aspect of a website but web design has never been my strong point so when it came to creating a website for my clan I was a bit stumped for ideas. As a result I started playing about with various CMS/Portals but they never seemed to integrate that well until I came across TinyPortal.

I've gone with a dark theme to make the text stand out more as I wanted a website people could visit every morning and quickly catch up on the latest game news or update information. I also integrated an RSS feed displaying Black Ops related news on the left hand side as well as a Teamspeak monitor so people could see at an instant which members were online at the time.

As for board users it's mostly made up of clan members and our friends from other clans in leagues in which we participate. Unlike most clans we're made up of more mature players with the youngest member in his late twenties and our older members in their late fifties. We're not about winning at any cost, more a bunch of mates laughing and joking at the end of another hard day.

Obviously I'm not going to win any prizes for web designer of the year but hopefully the website/forum comes across as inviting and easy to use on a daily basis.

If you have any tips or suggestions on how to improve it then please let me know!

Thanks for looking,

Griff