TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:23:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 214
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 206
  • Total: 206

E-mail Us Block.

Started by gerrymo, September 16, 2005, 01:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrymo

Can I suggest adding an "E-mail Us" block at some point?

The way I think it would work would be to display the Member's Username with E-mail address hidden, by default once they log in. Under that, a message box for the to send mail to the default admin e-mail address. Not an essential part to TP, but it would be handy and look quite good. Especially if most of the input is called from the database anyway (Username and Email), and only the message needs entered.

This could even be taken a little further and use a dropdown menu to select which Admin or Moderator the member would like to contact?

borgBOB

Why not use the Private Message function? While it does not 'auto-fill' the send to address, it requires no coding changes.

Also if you have notifications on, a user can use the !Notify button, and send email to admin that way.

bloc

Its sort of like a send-request-form? Where no-one sees the end mail adress for example?

Nokonium

Quote from: Bloc on September 16, 2005, 10:59:10 PM
Its sort of like a send-request-form? Where no-one sees the end mail adress for example?

That idea I like, it means that you don't have to have e-mail addies exposed for harvesting.
Maybe a drop down list of peeps names, subjects etc. whatever the admin wants to set it up to, with an option to notify the person by e-mail.

I'm thinking mainly for my Ramblers Portal where we have different peeps who could be sent requests for information about 'The Group', 'Membership', 'Guided Walks' or 'Site Feedback'.

bloc

yes, that how I understood it..not exposing email adress(es). If gerrymo eas thinking of this I am not sure...but it would be a great addition i think. SMF have its report to moderator and stuff, but thats directed towards posts really.

The one thing that could be bad is abuse of it. So some preventions would ahve to be taken. One is allowing only members (that can be taken care of the block permissions) and two stop any flooding.