TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 07:24:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 140
  • Total: 140

TP 0.9.5 to 0.9.6 language files changes and guidelines for translators

Started by agridoc, October 14, 2006, 09:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agridoc

The changes below are for TP 0.9.5 beta to 0.9.6. If your translation was made from prereleased language files you may need quite a few changes in all language files as quite a few things have changed or added.

There are some changes and some new strings in TP 0.9.6 language files, compared to 0.9.5 beta.

File TPortal.english.php

Line 261: change from

$txt['tp-prof_approvdownloads2'] = 'not approved uploads.';

to

$txt['tp-prof_approvdownloads'] = 'not approved uploads.';

Attention: this migh be easily ovelooked in translation as it is a variable name error fix.
_______

Line 313: Add before

?>

// 0.9.6
$txt['tp-last'] = 'Last';
$txt['tp-shouts'] = 'Shouts:';
$txt['tp-dladmin'] = 'DL Admin';
$txt['tp-tpadmin'] = 'TP Admin';
$txt['tp-wysiwygchoice'] = 'Choose editor';

File TPortalAdmin.english.php

Line 395: Add before

?>

// 0.9.6
$txt['tp-tpadmin'] = 'TP Admin';
$txt['tp-stats'] = 'Stats';
$txt['tp-recent'] = 'Recent';
$txt['tp-unread'] = 'Unread';
$txt['tp-unreadreplies'] = 'Unread replies';
$txt['tp-memberlist'] = 'Memberlist';

After the necessary changes the new strings must be translated.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

GravuTrad

G6Cad

It depends on how many comments you have in the file (Agridoc may have added some him self.

But it's the correct file, so just put it in the very bottom just before the closing tag ?>

GravuTrad

Ok, done so. Thanks to you.

agridoc

GravuTrad yes I am sure that it is line 313 and I am referring to file TPortalAdmin.english.php of TP 0.9.5 beta. You have 298 lines  in TPortal.french.php in your translation, please check filenames and changes.

I checked the French translation you uploaded and it is not the translation of the TP 0.9.5 beta that was released in public  but of the prereleased language files that don' t contain all the changes and add ons. I see that you have quite some more work to do. ALL the language files will need reworking as quite a few things have been added or changed. Check again all the translation. Ask if any help needed.

G6 there are no comments in the original files I am referring.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

G6Cad

I know there are no comments made in the original file, but I couldent know that YOU havent add some comments by your own in your file from where you counted the strings ;)

When i translate i make  // comments here if im unsure how the text should be formed for the specific place in the forum.
Like // have to check this one

And some times i have forgott to remove the comments i made and then the lines will not add upp correct ;)

agridoc

I always keep the line structure of the original file in such translations, it keeps it clean for next version and for ASCII compare.

GravuTrad

Ok agridoc. so can you put in the first post the good pack to translate please?

agridoc

You can get the TP 0.9.6 package containing the language files in http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=9563.0

I prefer doing such translations in a test install in my PC. This way I can monitor better the results and possible errors.

Mavn

Tportal.english.php
spell errors

$txt['tp-dlheader2'] = 'You can create categories here, edit each one with permissions, names and icons and upload
files into them. There is also a ftp screen where you can assign pre-uploaded files to aitem or caegory. Submitted
files screen can also be found here, it allow you to either approve or reject(delete) them';

There is also a ftp screen where you can assign pre-uploaded files to a item or category