TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:44:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,175
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 127
  • Total: 128
  • @rjen

Downloads Issues

Started by wilsy, April 12, 2010, 04:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilsy

But if Im just running that file from the root how would it matter who has permissions?

Blue Steel

the permissions are to access and ALTER the Database Table Structure in the sql DataBase not the file system

wilsy

Quote from: BlueSteel on April 12, 2010, 06:02:26 PM
the permissions are to access and ALTER the Database Table Structure in the sql DataBase not the file system

Yes, I understand that and I have those permissions as a database user but I was asked to run this file http://www.atco-uk.com/tp_install.php and couldnt understand why I needed to have correct db permissions to do it.

Am I running the file from the correct location?

IchBin

Yes you are running it from the correct location. The file alters the database in order to upgrade your install. Alter permissions are required for the DB in order for the tp_install.php to do its job.

Blue Steel

when ever you access the DB it uses your user unfo that you have in your TP install (if you have it installed .. if not then it'll ask you for the details if it can't find them)

this is the user name and password associated with the DB .. sometimes the SQL servers don't give users persission to ALTER DB Tables .. some just allow you to read them etc.. so you need to check to see if the user info your providing have permission to do these things in the DB.

You upload the tp files into the same dir that you have the SMF forum installed

Blue Steel

gee i'm getting slower ichbin beat me to it again .. lol

wilsy

Thanks Ich/Blue,

I have those permissions as a user but it doesnt give me an option to fill anything in, it just comes straight up with that error.

Admin/FTP access available if required?

IchBin

Do you have phpMyAdmin? Can you give me access to that so I can take a look at things?

wilsy

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on April 12, 2010, 07:03:19 PM
Do you have phpMyAdmin? Can you give me access to that so I can take a look at things?

Sent via PM - thanks for all the help, its appreciated.

IchBin

Ok, I was able to run the file after some editing. I do not see that it made the necessary changes though. Can you tell me if the error changed in your downloads area?