TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 05:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 226
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 184
  • Total: 184

Installing TP with SMF 1.1.4

Started by Angelotus, November 04, 2007, 04:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelotus

:) Hi,

I really want to use tp with my boards (http://www.klifix.eu/u/), but I have no idea how to install tp. I've searched for docu how to install tp, but couldn't really find a proper readme. I am a bit of a noob with this. Is there anyone who can help me out with this?

Dragooon

Installing TP is very simple. Its like installing any other mods.
To install TP
1. Download TinyPortal Package Installer
2. Upload it to package manager(Admin > Packages > Download Packages) and Apply it.
EDIT:
Make sure to turn your theme to SMF Default Theme Core before installing.

Ken.

Just to add a little more to what Dragooon posted:

... as posted many times before by G6

Installing TinyPortal:

First thing ( BACKUP, BACKUP and again BACKUP) and;
EVERYTHING MUST BE SET TO SMF DEFAULTS, THEME, LANGUAGE.

1. Always upgrade SMF first, it's the very base you are running everything on. ( note that all files will be replaced so mods will be lost and have to be reinstalled again, but they will have to be updated to the new versions anyway)

2. Download and install the new TP package through the package manager ( The DB holds all the info so nothing will be lost, tp fetches the tables again during the install)

3. Download and install every other mod you want to have install, Install the biggest one first and then the rest.

4. Now you can download the themes you want to have, Make sure they are for TP and not just SMF. Install them in the themes and layout manager.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Dragooon

I am seeing a Successful TP over his site, so I take that you installed TP Successfully?

Blunt

My package manager doesn't work - it won't even install the SMF patch, so how do you go about installing manually?

The read me text file packaged with Tinyportal is typical of most things to do with SMF and TP - it's of no use whatsoever when trying to install or update the product. A proper read me file, complete with even brief installation instructions would save a hell of a lot of anxiety all round, and would reduce the number of requests for support on these forums.

Nokonium

Blunt, do please remember that TP 0.983 is a beta version not a full release so documetation will not be comprehensive.

If your package manager doesn't work properly it is likely to be because the Packages Folder and its subfolders do not have adequate chmod permissions to run the required scripts, set them to 777. 

tick

A bit of searching will help all the anxiety .   Seek and ye shall find.  :-)  http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=14230

Blunt

Thanks for your advice. I just get so frustrated sometimes. My forum has been down for the past seven hours, since trying to upgrade to SMF 1.1.4, and it seems like whenever I try to do any kind of upgrade, something goes horribly wrong.

My packages folder is 777 throughout, yet the package manager still doesn't work. Doesn't matter what package I try to install, I get the following message:

QuoteThe package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Should I start another and ask for help properly?

IchBin

Have you followed any suggestions at SMF to get your package manager to work?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28393.0

Xarcell

have you tried opening the package and re-zipping it?

You choose the upgrade  or update package?