TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Problem installing

Started by Wyatt, March 13, 2007, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyatt

Oke... I installed SMF today, added TP through the package manager, and no "install" button appeared by the package. I ended up deleting the folder anyway as I installed my forum in the wrong folder (I meant to install it in /forum but did it somewhere else by accident  :laugh:).

So I installed SMF again, this time in the right folder. Since TP didn't work the first time I installed it manually instead. Unzipped/ftp'ed the manual-install zip file, to the /forum directory, that seemed to work fine. I then did the /manual_tp_install_0971.php file like it says in the instructions, it said everything installed etc. But when I look at my forum, there is no change at all. Also, nothing shows in the packages manager. I tried the /manual_tp_install_0971.php file again, but it just says the stuff exists already.

Forum url: http://www.vengeance-rpg.co.nr/forum

Edit:
- SMF is the latest version on the website, 1.1rc3 I believe
- I am using a TP theme ("Metallic Abyss theme by SMFers , converted to TP by elpvn")
- I have no other mods installed

G6Cad

For the manuall install guide, please read the sticly post on "how to install TP manually"
Follow the THREE steps you need.
Also ALWAYS set the forum to use the Default theme when you install anything to your forum.
TP applies ONLY to the default theme during the install, and after that, you have to download and installed TP themes (themes that are made for TP) as SMF themes only will not show TP even if it's installed.

Wyatt

I went through and did it all again, word for word. I did everything except this:

"Then download this zip file with the premade files for the manuall install package and extrac it to your local computer and upload them to. Overwrite the old ones (make sure the DO get overwritten)."

/\ The link sends me to a page saying I don't have access. The file isn't in the downloads part of the site either...

But I've done everything else, and still no luck.

G6Cad

The files have been updated to day, i havent updated the other thread with the new file.
But here it is
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11547.0;attach=9656

Wyatt

Thanks  :) As far as I can tell it's working fine now.

G6Cad

Offcourse, i have put my magic fingers on the files you use  :D