TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:49:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 138
  • Total: 138

Revisit TP 0.97.1 install for SMF 1.1.1

Started by wjhsmf, January 19, 2007, 06:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjhsmf

Hi,

I am having the problem of installing TP using the method of mod install. I suppose that if you can supply the list of files to chmod 777, the mod install method should work. Please help me out on this direction.

Thank you in advance.

Nokonium

What problems? I have set up a new test site today and there were no problems at all when following the general guidance given, clean SMF 1.1.1 and then TP 0.9.7.1. Because TP is so complex it needs to be installed as the first mod.

wjhsmf

Do you mean that there is no need to chmod? I believe that I have a clean SMF 1.1.1. and I am installing all these on a home server (FEDORA c6). I clearly uploaded the zip file in position. Under normal situation, once I click "Apply," the installation should start and then finish. However, I got ftp check stuff. Will you give some extra info?

Thank you.

Quote from: nokonium on January 19, 2007, 07:17:54 PM
What problems? I have set up a new test site today and there were no problems at all when following the general guidance given, clean SMF 1.1.1 and then TP 0.9.7.1. Because TP is so complex it needs to be installed as the first mod.

Nokonium

How did you upload the file? It has to be uploaded by the Package Manager in the Admin Panel.

wjhsmf

I download the zip file and saved it to tmp folder. Uploaded the zip by package manager in admin panel.

Thank you.

Nokonium

I didn't need to chmod any files, I don't recall any mods needing any changes, but I think that can vary with different servers and file 'ownership'.

wjhsmf

Just recall installation of SMF. A list of chmod  as:

chmod 777  attachments
chmod 777 avatars
chmod 777 Packages
chmod 777 Packages/installed.list
chmod 777 Smileys
chmod 777 Themes
chmod 777 agreement.txt
chmod 777 Settings.php
chmod 777 Settings_bak.php

has to be done to install SMF directly, otherwise ftp stuff appears.

I suspect that there must be a set of files need to chmod 777 for this install as message appear on the install:
"Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager."

Please help me.

Thank you.

Quote from: nokonium on January 19, 2007, 11:14:21 PM
I didn't need to chmod any files, I don't recall any mods needing any changes, but I think that can vary with different servers and file 'ownership'.

Nokonium

There does appear to be significant differences between the servers, I haven't had to chmod any folders to install any mods.

TP install will install files into Sources and Themes, so chmod Sources and check the settings on Themes, default and Babylon themes and their sub folders. If this doesn't cure the problem then all that is left is the SMF files that TP needs to modify. G6 has made a package of these, which you can find here.

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=11547.msg95495#msg95495

wjhsmf

I was thinking use the menu install and this time I was forced to do it. Great feeling and it is all set. I could not believe how easy it was.

Thank you very very very much.

Nokonium