TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 12:11:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77

No files found in TinyPortal v.0.8.6

Started by IanSch, April 19, 2006, 06:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanSch

Hi,

I downloaded and installed:
TinyPortal v.0.8.6 - manual install (database only)

Now I downloaded:

TinyPortal v.0.8.6 http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item99

When I open it , it says no files found.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

G6Cad

You arent doing anything wrong, there seem to be something wrong with the file, it's empty for me to.

A attache the latest 0.86 here to this post.

I just wonder one thing, If you have downloaded the database file, why do you want the full install package ?

If you are going for the manual install you need to take the tp files only package.

IanSch

i'm not sure, i don't think the file comes with a read-me, so again, i am not sure what to do.

thanks for attaching that file, i downloaded and unzipped. Do you know what I do from there?

Do I overwrite all of my SMF forum files with these?

G6Cad

You upload the zipped file, (not extracted) through your packagemanager, and install it from there

IanSch

K thanks .. do I do this in my existing SMF forum? I am using SMF 1.5 at the moment.

Do I put it in the /Packages folder? Also, how do I "install it from there"?

Thanks so much.

G6Cad

Yes, if you still want your 1.0.5 forum you keep it as is, and just upload the tp zip file trough the packagemanager and install it from there, it will leave your forum and database like it is and you will still have all the content there.
The TP is like any other mod for SMF, it just add a lot of fun futurers to your forum :)

IanSch

Ok thanks! But, do I put it in the /Packages folder?

And how do I "install" it? Since it's a zip file, everytime I access the URl it wants me to download it.

sorry for all these questions, but I really want this mod.

G6Cad

No, you just go to your Admin/Packages/Download Packages/ and there you brows to the file you have downloaded from here, and click UPLOAD, and then INSTALL MOD

IanSch

Ohh nevermind, I see. I go to Package Manager.

Ok, thanks.

But I have another issue. When I hit to install it, I get this error:

2: mkdir(/home/blogs/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/Themes/babylon/): No such file or directory
File: /home/blogs/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 413

I go into the /temp/ folder, but there is no /Themes/ folder in there. When I try to create it, I can't and get this error:

550 Can't change directory to Themes: No such file or directory

G6Cad

Then you have to go the little harder way and make the install manually.

Read this thread and you will get there :)
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=2481.0

In the first post you have the compleate set to make the manuall install, and the texfile to read wich files you have to edit with some copy and paste

IanSch

Ok, thanks, I have no clue how to do this .. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to things like this. 

Is there anyone who would do this for me, I mean for a cost?