TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:22:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 122
  • Total: 122

Cannot UNINSTALL TinyPortal package from SMF 2.0.2

Started by carllavoie, April 05, 2012, 05:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carllavoie

I can't UNINSTALL TinyPortal package from SMF 2.0.2. In fact I can't install or uninstall anything in my Forum and it's due to TinyPortal. On top of that I can't modify any boards. Tiny Portal must go. I've tried to remove it manually and I wasted hours for nothing. I need something that will be quick and easy.

The following is the error that I get all the time while trying to install or uninstall a package.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at chameleonantenna.com Port 80

carllavoie

This is the error when I'm trying to add a board:

Unknown column 'art.author_id' in 'field list'
File: /home/content/c/a/r/carllavoie/html/Chameleon_Forum/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 1116

IchBin

If you can't uninstall it through the package manager, you should probably do the manual uninstall. You can click the parse button to view the instructions on how to do it on the mod site at SMF for this: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=97

The other option you can do is to replace all your SMF files to bring your SMF install back to default (using the large upgrade SMF package for your version of SMF). This removes all traces of all mods you have installed though.

carllavoie

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on April 05, 2012, 07:36:31 PM
The other option you can do is to replace all your SMF files to bring your SMF install back to default (using the large upgrade SMF package for your version of SMF). This removes all traces of all mods you have installed though.

Thanks for the reply. I already tried the manual uninstall last night and I've wasted hours for nothing. If I replace the entire SMF am I going to loose all posts and members?

IchBin

If you only replace the files, it does not touch the database. Which is where all the posts and members are stored.