TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 05:00:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 232
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 205
  • Total: 205

Question

Started by Kenny, October 23, 2006, 02:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPDeni

Go to the admin section of SMF. Make sure that you have the default theme selected. Go to "Packages." Select "Download Packages" Look for "Upload a Package." Browse to where TP is on your computer and upload it. When it finishes, you should see "Apply Mod." Click that link. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Then investigate the new features. You'll see a section in your side panel labeled "Tiny Portal." Click the links add stuff. Play around. See what each thing does. After you've messed around with it for at least one full evening if you can't figure it out then come back and ask questions. Tell us what you want, what you tried and what you got. That'll help us to help you a whole lot.

Kenny

Well, i used it at a friends so i know how to do almost everything. Change boxes and all that, but we couldnt figure out how to make a homepage, like saying FORUM, FAQ's, STAFF, like you guys have.

EDIT:I want to add a custom template i made, like this one below.

http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sunrisetemplatecopyzs1.jpg

JPDeni

Have you installed it?

Kenny

no, i dont know how to install it, or get it working.

JPDeni

I told you how to install it, in great detail. Look at my post that starts with "Go to the admin section of SMF." Follow the instructions there. I've gone through each step for you.

There's no point in explaining how to do something else if you don't have an installation to try out what we tell you.

Kenny

I have installed TP if thats what you mean :P

I havent installed the template or anything, thats what i need help with. :)

akulion

go to Admin

Tinyportal Settings --> Frontpage

and there u can click around to get ur desired results :D (use single page for frontpage )

try it out and experiment

its as easy as pie!!

Kenny

There isnt a place for me to upload my own templates tho

Again, i wanna upload this one :)

http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sunrisetemplatecopyzs1.jpg

akulion

if its a theme u created urself - then it is best to ask one of the theme guys here on TP to do a TP conversion for u

and only then install it  otherwise if u use a standart SMF theme with TP then u will end up with everything missing and going crazy on ya

Kenny