TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:45:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 104
  • Total: 105
  • tino

THE MODULES - TEAMPAGE - GALLERY - LINK MANAGER INFORMATION

Started by g6cad, September 11, 2006, 06:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

We have now read about 10+ posts in the forum about them.

As a short informative post here I would like to explane them a bit getter.

When you have those set to ON in your Admin/TinyPortal/Settings/Modules, they will show up to the left in the TinyPortal Admin block.
When you click on any of them, you get a blank page with the text - not implemented -.
That text does tell you what that means, but for some it can be hard to understand anyway so i will try to explain this better here.

Not Implemented means not active. The links are pretty much dummylinks to dummy files that comes with the TP V.095 release.
They are modules that Bloc are WORKING on to build in for a future release of TP, thats why the DUMMY files are there.
To NOT see them you simply set those "dummy modules" to off in the settings.
Admin/TinyPortal/Settings/Modules
That way they wont show up in the TinyPortal Admin block, and you don't have to wonder about them any more until Bloc have made the modules and Implement them in some  future release of TP.

I hope this will clear some things up for you :)

Shellius

Any idea when these dummy areas will be done?  I love this software and I hope to use it for my group's official forum and frontpage software. 

G6Cad

Not until V 1.0  if you look to the left and in the Content box, you have the RoadMap there to see what and when :)

Arkanthos

Can't wait for the gallery and Team page :). Amazing work already with 0.95 guys, tip my hat to ya.

christicehurst

Why were the dummy links put up there if they haven't been completed?

G6Cad

I think the best answer is that Bloc have a development site where he tries out all the code in, and when the code works he package it up and send it out for us.
And on his dev site, he have the full code for the "not implemented" thisng allready running and testing them.
I know he are a pretty big step ahead of what we can see or know from the packages we get.

Also i think it can be for layout issues and looks. If the things are there in the layout, he aswell as we, know where things will be, and how it going to look like :)

Nokonium

Do remember that TP0.95 is a beta, that is, it is still in development. The road map tells what Bloc's aims are for TP 1.0, all prior versions are just stops along the way.

The release of a beta is to expand the number of testers for a more thorough testing. Beta testing follows Alpha testing, where we put it through its paces and refine its operation. Once the Alpha series is complete and it is relatively stable it then needs to be used in more and different ways, for more purposes and on a wider range of setups and servers.

stigmartyr

TP is the best thing since sliced bread.  Can't wait for this thing to go 1.0

I'll be all over it like a Spider Monkey!

aperseghin