TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 89
  • Total: 90
  • tino

poll display in block on frontpage

Started by den15b, June 04, 2009, 02:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

den15b

Hey & G'day

I am new here

I was just wondering if it was possible to display the results after someone has voted in a poll, let me alaborate a little, I have a front page poll in a block, when a guest votes, the poll disapears (the block stays, though reduced), obviously because I have set up the polls to only allow 1 vote per user, but what I want it to do is, once someone has voted, I want the block to show the results of the poll, rather than an empty block everytime they visit my site, is this possible?

Regards Denis

Renegd98

den15b,

Welcome to TP.

Please read the Posting Guidelines.html and provide the requested information so that we may help you more with your isseu.

den15b

Link to my site: http://www.videohelp1.com
SMF version: SMF ver. 1.1.9
TP version: TP v1.0 beta 4
Theme name and version: Default core theme
Browser Name and Version: IE/7
Mods installed: TinyPortal only 
Related Error messages: N/A

If you vote on the front page, you will see that the poll disapears when you return to the home page, I was hoping it would display the results even if you leave the site & return, the poll results would still be there, but at the moment, the poll just disapears with the block being reduced.

Thankyou

Regards Denis

ZarPrime

Hello den15b,

When I visit the site the Poll Block on the right is empty, no chance to vote first.  Please post the code you are using for this block so that we can try it on our own test sites and perhaps one of our coders can tell you what is the matter with it.

ZarPrime

den15b

Thanks for the reply, so it is actualy worse than I thought, that means only 1 vote & it is closed from the front Page for every guest, would it be better if I granted someone temporary admin access? is this safe of me offering this?

JPDeni

It would be better if you did what ZarPrime suggested and posted your code so we could take a look at it.

Please use the "code" tags -- the # button on the reply form -- around your code.

den15b

Ok, I will do that, but it is 1 in the morning here in oz, so i'll do it in the morning, thankyou

Regards Denis

den15b

Um, where do I get the code from? sorry for the dumb question

IchBin

Let me know if this helps. I think you're talking about a bug in the way SMF handles the polls.

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=9623.0

JPDeni

Quotewhere do I get the code from?

Go to the TP Admin area and edit that block. That's where the code is.