TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 127
  • Total: 128
  • @rjen

Fatal Error

Started by bas123, April 14, 2008, 12:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

How many relaxers did you take. :P
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

bas123

Thank you, G6 for the step-by-by-step above... and I am sure going through all that, it will work, however, I have some reservations I would like to describe first. I also wish to say that in the end, I am only interested in using one theme (as it has been approved by the site's owner) and that is the one I ended up with which was working fine (except the errors in the SMF Log relative to the Ultimate Shoutbox.

The BEST advice I have received...
QuoteALWAYS use the default core theme when you add things to your site through the package manager and the TP Module manager

This should be placed somewhere very prominently on ALL the docs for everyone. If it is I missed it  :idiot2:

1) I have invested much time setting up the css stylesheet and creating graphics to replace those on the theme as well as integrating several other Mods - it sounds like you are basically asking me to start over with a manual install of TP.

2) As everything was working properly (except whatever "bug" was causing errors from the Shoutbox Mod) when I checked "Support for Ultimate Shoutbox", I have to believe that that action either:
    (A) Made an entry/setting in the Db or
    (B) Wrote to a file.

So isn't there someone who can suggest how to change this setting by either using MySQL Admin or recoding whatever file was written to? before I go through with starting over...

Finally, I would like to apologize if it sounded like I was being rude to anyone... Yes I was frustrated, as I had two respected
and knowledgable individuals (one in the PM & another in the forum) hitting me with suggestions at the same time.

I had multiple browsers & tabs open, email alerts coming and another really nice helper over at SMF hitting me all very quickly all while trying to debug the issue. It was overwhelming.

I appreciate the entire process and ALL who contribute - that's what makes it so great.

Lord Anubis

Quote from: Crip on April 14, 2008, 03:33:08 PM
How many relaxers did you take. :P

I took a ton, lol...My back and face were killing me :)

Also bas123 are you sure you are using the Ultimate Shoutbox or is it the TP Adv Shoutbox?

Zetan

Knowledge in large numbers..  ::)

This is why we keep to the forums and not in PMs. This whole topic has been a conflict from the start.

Too many cooks in my opinion.

bas123

OK... ALL, problem solved!!!

With my cool refreshed head following a good night's sleep, I realized that while in the "core" theme, I could navigate to the subject Theme's settings and uncheck "Support for Ultimate Shoutbox 1.40 mod?"

Having done this, the Fatal Error is GONE  ;D

So, now I have to ask the following:

What steps should I take to resolve the issues regarding the Ultimate Shoutbox?
   (meaning the Log errors and reinstalling the block with the shoutbox)
In the process, I removed the Block containing the Shoutbox. I currently have

• "TP Advanced Shoutbox" toggled OFF
  • As well as the support option
Please note that in the Current Themes panel, the Support options are:
  Support for TinyPortal 0.9.8 mod?  (Unchecked) - Using TP1.0.5
  Support for SMF Arcade 2.0.8 mod?  (Unchecked) 
  Support for Ultimate Shoutbox 1.40 mod?  (Unchecked)
  Support for SMF Gallery Lite 1.7.4 mod?  (Unchecked)
  Support for Ad Management 2.3 mod?    (Checked)
  Support for Googlebots & Spiders 2.0.3 mod?  (Unchecked) 
  Support for Global Announcements 1.0 mod?  (Unchecked)
  Support for SMF Shop 3.0 mod?  (Unchecked)

And here are the installed Packages:
1. TinyPortal 1.052
2. Ad Managment 2.3
3. Auto Embed Video Clips 2.1.5
4. Location on Member List 1.0
5. Previous and Next Links for Page Index 1.0
6. Zodiac_13Moon 2.2
7. EmailFlash 2.0
8. SMF Gallery Lite 1.8.3

I wish to resolve this, and then have one other issue regarding my Menu Links which JpgTM was hepful with before... I suppose, I will revisit that thread to address this.

Lord Anubis

G6Cad

new issue, new thread, this topic is locked