TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 02:37:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41

Newbie: Need help with installing TP properly!

Started by eminent, July 05, 2007, 06:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eminent

:-\ 

Well the question im having is, a friend of mine via game internet uploaded an smf forum thru my host..  and in that forum, I also have access with admin..  I just tried in it and I was able to apply the gallery mod?!?.  So its maybe something that I did? cause if that forum can access mods and I cant and its under the same account in the host..  its just wierd..

my game forum which my friend did>

http://doomz.5gbfree.com/forum

the site im trying to make>

http://doomz.5gbfree.com/eminent

although his forum doesnt involve TP, it was able to apply mod!! kinda just makes me irk what I did wrong  :uglystupid2:

superQ

Maybe something to do with the old version of smf on the game site? I don't know. Did he upload smf or was it installed from fantastico. The allow fantastico to install anything because the know what it contains.

The game site don't look right in IE7 to me.  :-X

why not contact the host and see what's up.

see if you can get the php info while you are at it.

eminent

the host is actually not a fantastico.. its a layeredpanel.. with myphpadmin..  but it does have the 1click install of joomla and other things.. But no he uploaded the smf..

LOL the game site looks wierd if your not registered and approved.. Its really more for a "guilds forum"..  and its not my work so not offended on anyway hahaa.. =p.

But ya maybe it is due to old version of smf? cause that smf is a very old version lol..  Is there a way I can manually upload the Gallery Pro Mod?  Or is there any other suggestions to what I can do with the FTP Information Required problem?

superQ

check over at smf forums or smfhacks.com

http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php

The guy that wrote the  Gallery script could not be more responsive or helpful.

Your best option.

G6Cad

If you have FTP access to your files and host, you should not have troubble with eather updating or installing things to your site.

eminent

I do have FTP and Host access..  It just keeps asking for FTP information.. ive tried chmod 777 all files already, it still asks me.. any suggestions? Do you think ive made a mistake with installation?

G6Cad

If you have FTP access there is no reason to upload the files manually and make all the edits manually to.
You can install, upgrade everything with FTP and a file edit software and your browser.

However if you have the server as the owner of your files you have to ask your host to change the owner of the file to you to be able to upload, overwrite and edit the files.

eminent

also, where can I download like older versions of SMF?  I want to try some things out..  seeing that the application installer allows me to install 1.0.9.. I wanna see if i can upload 1.1.0 > 1.1.1. > 1.1.2 > 1.1.3..  Cause the big package dont work there.. 

Another question:  Is there different kinds of mod types? like the application 1.0.9 allows me to apply mod if its like gallery mod, but not upgrade mod?? 

Is there a tutorial to do an upgrade? Which files are needed to be uploaded/upgraded..

sorry for many questions, but thanks in advance! =]

eminent

the 5gbfree.com is a free host.. I have an account with them, and I have safe mode off, and email on.. 

However, I cant do webinstall. 

Crip

could try via Admin panel, Packages, Options, [Make all files writeable] click change permissions add FTP info there and the click -> Proceed!
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes