TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 10:47:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 94
  • tino

Forum Linktree messed up

Started by thefunkyone, March 25, 2007, 10:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefunkyone

Hiya,

Since my upgrade to TP 0.9.8 my forum link-tree has been messed up, usually it should read something like

MySiteName | Forum | CategoryName | BoardName | Threadname

But since my upgrade it has become

MySiteName | CategoryName | BoardName | Threadname

And the CategoryName link is rather bizarre since it links to a www.mysitename/forum/index.php#X (where X is, is a number)  The number in the links are the number of the categorys, but when clicked just go straight back to the TP frontpage.

Its like this on all installed themes, and i have tried reuploading the update files but it never fixed it....

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this bizarreness ?

Puchu

I'm having the same problem... I also get problems like this;

QuoteTotal Posts: 1
Total Topics: 1
: 2
: 2
(Today at 06:06:10 PM) Users Online
: 1
: 0
: 1

and

QuoteHey, Depados

March 25, 2007, 09:12:35 PM

Where there is lots of text missing... and I also have no admin links for TP...

Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, manually installed... so yeah been searching for something to tell me how to fix it, but no such luck... Im using SMF 1.1.2 and TP 0.9.8

IchBin

Please use the search guys. This has bee covered multiple times already.

Puchu

I did use the search... can't find it...

also used 9.7.1  still does the same thing..

IchBin

I just searched and found the answer...
Click here

Puchu

Tiny Portal for SMF 1.1.2 ( NOT 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 upgrade )

that makes me think of the same problem I have...  yep...

anyway to help people a smidge... which this would have been the easiest way to do it, rather than trying to avoid it, even though it does get annoying with repeat questions...
And if you have to get all flustered about it, maybe something should be considered for future TPs...

language files...  need this one for english...
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item495

don't ask me why you need the older tp language file... maybe they just don't want to make another one and change a number...

Quote from: G6â„¢ on March 16, 2007, 04:08:11 PM
The problem is that you probably are using the utf8 language on your forum ?

If thats the case, the language will not be fetched correct, and the text will be missing all over the forum.

In the download section, you have the utf8 language package for TP V.097*, download it, extract the files on your local machine.
Then upload the files to /themes/Default/languages/ place the files here
Refresh and see if it works :)

Look at the forum http://www.smfonline.net/index.php?action=forum

G6Cad

The reason is that Bloc havent had time to update all language packs yet.

thefunkyone

IchBinâ„¢ I did do a search and even browsed most of the support posts for this year looking for an answer to my problem....

Ohh all my admin links work....

This is the linktree im having problems with...
http://www.agmforums.com/images/linktree.png

Im not using UTF8 language, though i did try the older language packs and that never fixed my problem !

IchBin

If the categories is like that in all themes I would suggest you ask this at SMF as it seems to be an issue with SMF and not TP. When I said search, I meant for the language issue. Sorry about that.

thefunkyone

The linktree was working fine with SMF 1.1.2 & TP 0.9.7, it wasnt till i changed to TP 0.9.8 that i got the problem, i made no other changes to the forum system. Since TP alters the linktree to its own format, i would say that its a problem with TP !

I looked at the original linktree on the SMF forums, the link tree at this site, and the one on my own forums... From what i can see it looks like the original SMF linktree is being used on my own forums instead of the modified TP linktree!   Strange......

IchBin

Yes but TP doesn't touch the categories. If you go to your board index you'll see that all your categories have the number on them as well. Which is why I don't think its a TP problem. Just my opinion.

thefunkyone

Tiny portal does alter the linktree (well the linktree im talking about)....

I have wrote down the SMF original (which is what my TP seems to be using) and what the TP moddified linktree is supposed to be....

SMF original linktree structure
Text  : MySiteName | CategoryName | BoardName                | Threadname
Links : index.php     | index.php#X    | index.php?board=XX.0 | index.php?topic=XXX.0 (X's can be any ID number)

To

TP Modified linktree structure
Text : MySiteName | Forum                        | CategoryName                    | BoardName                | Threadname
Links : index.php    | index.php?action=forum | index.php?action=forum#X    | index.php?board=XX.0 | index.php?topic=XXX.0

As you can see its quite a difference between the 2..... I tried looking around the TP sources for something which could cause this, but my knowlege of php coding isnt that great.....  :(

IchBin

What I'm talking about is if you view your forum so that you're looking at all the board categories you'll notice that the links on the actual categories is wrong. I'm not talking about the linktree. But I noticed that on your board. You can also see that it happens on the default theme of your board. I know that TP adds to the linktree, but I don't think it touches the categories, which is where I think you're having the problem. And the linktree just happens to be picking it up.

thefunkyone

On the board categories view the links of the categorys appears fine..... pretty much everything on my forum is working fine....

But for some reason the TP modified linktree is not being used, its using the SMF default linktree... All links everywhere on my forums are working correct, with no problems apart from the linktree at the top (the one i circled in the picture i posted) which is using the SMF linktree instead of the TP linktree !!!

IchBin

All of your category titles do this. Hence, the reason I think your linktree is messed up. Notice the #3 on the end of the link for your category?

thefunkyone

Thats how the the categorys are meant to look like on an unmodified SMF forum....

As i have said it would appear that the TP modifications are not taking place on my install. I have reuploaded fresh SMF 1.1.2 files and uploaded fresh TP 0.9.8 files and still no change....

As i have said before, everything was working perfectly before i upgraded to TP 0.9.8, i made no alterations anywhere else during the TP update, then once the TP update is done i have this mess....

Don't suppose you have any suggestions as to why the TP modifications arent happening ?

G6Cad

Do you have any other mods installed ? or Search friendly urls ?

It might be that the code TP searches for doesent get replaced if some other mod have changed the code TP needs to change.
How do you install TP ?  Manually or through the manager ? Any errors during the install ? Any errors in the error log ?

IchBin

Check and make sure you have this bit of code in your Load.php.
                // Build up the linktree (adding TPortal forum index)
                $context['linktree'] = array_merge(
                        $context['linktree'],
                        array(array(
                                'url' => $scripturl . '?action=forum#' . $board_info['cat']['id'],
                                'name' => $board_info['cat']['name']
                        )),
array_reverse($board_info['parent_boards']),
array(array(
'url' => $scripturl . '?board=' . $board . '.0',
'name' => $board_info['name']
))
);

thefunkyone

G6, The only other mod i have installed is SMFlinks, and search friendly URLS is disabled. Originally i installed TP via the package manager, and i updated it via the package manager, i also tried a manual install, i never got any error messages at all during the installs.

I did check the error logs and i seem to have a ton of "8: Undefined index:" errors relating to many different files in the "Themes/default/" folder.... i may have to look into what could be causing them !!!  :-\

IchBin, i checked my Load.php file and i never had those modfications in it.. This is what mine looked like..
// Build up the linktree.
$context['linktree'] = array_merge(
$context['linktree'],
array(array(
'url' => $scripturl . '#' . $board_info['cat']['id'],
'name' => $board_info['cat']['name']
)),
array_reverse($board_info['parent_boards']),
array(array(
'url' => $scripturl . '?board=' . $board . '.0',
'name' => $board_info['name']
))
);

I modified mine to look like the code you put and the categorys seem to link properly now (though im still missing the "forum" link part of the linktree).... It's a bit worrying that i may be missing some other important TP code changes !!!  :-\

IchBin

You should go through the files and check for the edits. The modifications are in an html file in the package if you'd like to go through them.

thefunkyone

i don't suppose you know the name of the html file ???

I couldnt see any apart from the ones for the FCKeditor !!!

IchBin

You can also look in the docs section of this site to find the same thing. Instructions are still the same as rc2/rc3 I believe.

G6Cad

Bloc have updated the doc for the manual edits on SMF 1.1.2 and TP V.098 :)

thefunkyone

Cool thanks...

So far the load.php was completely unaltered,  :(  I altered it and i have my linktree back !!  :)

thefunkyone

I found out all the sources files and the default themes files were all unaltered (i guess i did something monumentally stupid to cause that to happen)....  :(

I have edited them all to contain the changes ( i just hope i got them right)....  Now that the files have been altered when TP is updated again do you think the updater will update all the files now that i have corrected them ?

Ohh and thanks for the help !!!  :up: :up: :up: :up:

IchBin

We shall see. Always pays to backup before you do anything. Hard to say why it didn't alter the files, especially since it didn't give you any errors. More than likely a server configuration issue.

G6Cad

Permission errors on the files, or even owner issues of the files.

But if you can alter the files manually through FTP, i will go with the first thought of permission errors.