TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 12:51:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94

Forum Linktree messed up

Started by thefunkyone, March 25, 2007, 10:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefunkyone

Hiya,

Since my upgrade to TP 0.9.8 my forum link-tree has been messed up, usually it should read something like

MySiteName | Forum | CategoryName | BoardName | Threadname

But since my upgrade it has become

MySiteName | CategoryName | BoardName | Threadname

And the CategoryName link is rather bizarre since it links to a www.mysitename/forum/index.php#X (where X is, is a number)  The number in the links are the number of the categorys, but when clicked just go straight back to the TP frontpage.

Its like this on all installed themes, and i have tried reuploading the update files but it never fixed it....

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this bizarreness ?

Puchu

I'm having the same problem... I also get problems like this;

QuoteTotal Posts: 1
Total Topics: 1
: 2
: 2
(Today at 06:06:10 PM) Users Online
: 1
: 0
: 1

and

QuoteHey, Depados

March 25, 2007, 09:12:35 PM

Where there is lots of text missing... and I also have no admin links for TP...

Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, manually installed... so yeah been searching for something to tell me how to fix it, but no such luck... Im using SMF 1.1.2 and TP 0.9.8

IchBin

Please use the search guys. This has bee covered multiple times already.

Puchu

I did use the search... can't find it...

also used 9.7.1  still does the same thing..

IchBin

I just searched and found the answer...
Click here

Puchu

Tiny Portal for SMF 1.1.2 ( NOT 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 upgrade )

that makes me think of the same problem I have...  yep...

anyway to help people a smidge... which this would have been the easiest way to do it, rather than trying to avoid it, even though it does get annoying with repeat questions...
And if you have to get all flustered about it, maybe something should be considered for future TPs...

language files...  need this one for english...
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item495

don't ask me why you need the older tp language file... maybe they just don't want to make another one and change a number...

Quote from: G6â„¢ on March 16, 2007, 04:08:11 PM
The problem is that you probably are using the utf8 language on your forum ?

If thats the case, the language will not be fetched correct, and the text will be missing all over the forum.

In the download section, you have the utf8 language package for TP V.097*, download it, extract the files on your local machine.
Then upload the files to /themes/Default/languages/ place the files here
Refresh and see if it works :)

Look at the forum http://www.smfonline.net/index.php?action=forum

G6Cad

The reason is that Bloc havent had time to update all language packs yet.

thefunkyone

IchBinâ„¢ I did do a search and even browsed most of the support posts for this year looking for an answer to my problem....

Ohh all my admin links work....

This is the linktree im having problems with...
http://www.agmforums.com/images/linktree.png

Im not using UTF8 language, though i did try the older language packs and that never fixed my problem !

IchBin

If the categories is like that in all themes I would suggest you ask this at SMF as it seems to be an issue with SMF and not TP. When I said search, I meant for the language issue. Sorry about that.

thefunkyone

The linktree was working fine with SMF 1.1.2 & TP 0.9.7, it wasnt till i changed to TP 0.9.8 that i got the problem, i made no other changes to the forum system. Since TP alters the linktree to its own format, i would say that its a problem with TP !

I looked at the original linktree on the SMF forums, the link tree at this site, and the one on my own forums... From what i can see it looks like the original SMF linktree is being used on my own forums instead of the modified TP linktree!   Strange......