TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:22:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 117
  • davo88

Option to have the whole forum shown on the 1st page?? (along with the blocks)

Started by danolie, February 23, 2005, 11:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danolie

I see int he TPadmin section the ability to choose which board it takes messages from, but is there a way for the front page to actually show the entire forum?? (just like it shows when you click "forum" at the top)

Because I have several different boards on my forum, I'd like for them all to show up and allow the user to select which one they want to use, as opposed to just picking messages out of one...

Thanks for all your work on this!!!

Dan O

PS... if there's a way to do this that I missed, please let me know. :-D

Bjørn

That i haven't though about...there is currently always the frontpage at first entry..but some may just want the forum with blocks.

An settings to go straight to forum instead of frontpage could be beneficial.

danolie

Also, it woudl be nice to have in the settings some different optiosn for the middle section of the home page. For example:

What to show on frontpage:

Instead of the current:

Only forum
Both forum and articles - sorted on date
Only articles
Single page/article

Have something like:

Main forum index page
Most recent TOPICS (forum only)
Most recent POSTS (forum only)
Most recent articles (articles only)
Most recent TOPICS & Articles (Sorted by date)
Most recent POSTS & Articles (Sorted by date)
Single Page/Article

More options like this for customizing the main page would be great!

Dan O

Bjørn

"Recent topics" is already done in the block "recent topics". I don't think its necessary to have it twice.

The "forum" option actually just show from a single board - typically a news/annoncement board. Showing recent posts from ALL boards could be done, but too already is covered just by typing index.php?action=recent. It has more information there and will just look nicer. If you have a lot of recent posts, the articles would just "dissappear" back in the pages quickly, making it kind of useless to have mixed anyhow. A news board on the other hand usually have fewer posts, making it ideal to be mixed in with articles.

The option of going straight to the forum/boardindex is something I will add though.

JoshB

You could use a HTTP redirect on the front page, If the querystring variable action equals nothing, then change the url for the home button to have a useless action=front or any string that you want.

Bjørn

uhm, the mod has already modified the querystring to go to ?action=tportal automatically  - if nothing is declared. In SMF original that goes to the Boardindex, so in order for that to still work, the string ?action=forum is needed to go there.

I dont think a redirect is necessary then..or did I misunderstand what you meant?

JoshB

If there is no querystring it goes to the tinyportal front page, not the boardindex

Nokonium

Sorry about the bump, but I think it I need to append this to this thread and not start another one.

Where is the query string refered to? Is it in the (root) index.php?

I am trying to help someone load the forum index page with side bars.

Bogus

Hello ;D

Hmm ... I have install the Tinyportal over the packagemanager and come no Errors, but I see not a funktion in the admin for the Tinyportal ;D I think, I have tomatoes on my eyes  ;)

How I can do to see the tinyportal ?

And my second question is, where is the languagefiles, I come from germany or give the this files to download here ?

thx for help ;D

Nokonium

You should (in default at least) see two admin buttons, Admin & TP Admin. The Admin is your regular SMF admin button and the TP Amin controls the Portal functions.

HTH