TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 09:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 291
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 229
  • Total: 229

Firefox -vs- InternetExplorer

Started by brianjw, February 20, 2007, 12:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

LOL! I know who is gonna win already but lets just see what the results come out to be :idiot2:

VOTE

and um... the topic of the vote is to chose the browser u use; then tell us why you like it by replying (or you can tell us why u dont like it lol :laugh:)

Brianjw

brianjw

I don't like internet explorer because it has alot of errors with other websites. I know by experience with my website; if there is a problem, i ask for help and sometimes it comes down to "ok, what browser u using?" and im like IE7 and there like "well, theres no problems with Firefox".

I am going to switch soon but as of now, I am using IE7 :)

Shadow

I am using both browers right now. FireFox 2.0.0.1 and IE6 right now!

tick

Up until recently I had always used IE  .  Now that I have started using firefox I never use IE.  The reason is firefox just has a better feel to it.  To me it is more customizable.  Has a more user friendly feel to it.  And thats my 2 cents worth.

Porky

I have been using FireFox for a while now and the reason is that there are so many less browser errors using Firefox. IE just has to many loose ends in it and it causes to many issues on sites that don't have all the fixes for IE built in to them... IE could be a really good product if Microsoft would take the time in building it like it does its Offiice software (BY the way Office 2007 Kicks Butt).

RoarinRow

I don't like all the plug-ins with FF.  I just like to use browsers out of the box   :o

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

yankeesdude

Well I'm using both also. I just like Firefox much better. I just think it makes sites look much better, but it also depends on the site. For me Firfox is much faster and easier. My internet explorer is so slow sometimes it doesn't even load. ??? But when it does it just says "Program not responding" and then I eaither have to click "Cancle" and wait 10 minutes or I click "End Now" and it just closes the internet explorer. So I like Firefox...

brianjw

If you use both, choose your favorite :D
Now when I was using Internet Explorer 7 i thought everything was going great until one day my forum started appearing with the left blocks in the middle and the rest of the page after that :(
I'm definitely switching. The hell with this IE :tickedoff:

eldacar

No version of IE supports XHTML, so that should be enough to make anyone change. You left out Opera though ;)

brianjw

I'm only doing those two because IE has big problems and Firefox is the most popular :)