TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:05:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49

TPReviews 1.0 rev.7

Started by IchBin, November 20, 2009, 02:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Quote from: Silver Knight on December 21, 2009, 03:09:51 AM
Lack of screenshots or demo is annoying :(

My live site has just made the transition to SMF2 RC2 & TinyPortal v1.0 beta5, so my Reviews are not available there currently, but you can see an example on my test forum here:
http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/tptest2/index.php?action=tpmod;rvws;sa=viewcat;id=2

Of course the inventory of reviews is much larger and the content is much more detailed on the live site... hopefully it will be available again soon, however no time table or 'due' date will be set for an RC2 release.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Eddy Matthews

Is it possible to modify this package so it will work WITHOUT TP being installed?

Regards
Eddy

IchBin

Nope. It is completely embedded with TP. It would take a rewrite to make it run stand alone.

IchBin

What do you guys think about having the option for rating type? I really hate the way ratings are done currently. I'd much rather see ratings either available or not available. What I'd like to do is make it so that rating is more like TP's article rating. With the option to rate while currently on the reviews page. And if I'm cool enough, maybe make it ajax based so there's no page refresh in order to rate it. Thougts? Suggestions?

Ken.

Having the ability to turn off the ratings would be nice, not having a choice as in the current configuration can sometimes get in the way.

Being more like the TP Articles system would be nice, but it's also nice to be able to apply more that one rating 'question' to the mix as it's set for now.

It would be great if the Ajax feature can be easily included.  :up:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

IchBin

I still plan to keep critic and user ratings. I just want to simplify how it's displayed, as well as how to rate it. If I can do what is in my mind, it would be easier to create a couple of block codes for this to grab most rated, or highest rated etc.

Hope that all makes sense. :)

Ken.

Calling attention to the reviews would be a good thing and a block code would be a great way to do that.

Mick

Ajax would be nice ;)

Any thoughts using Tags also?

IchBin

hmmm.... thats a good point. I love tagging. Could be a good thing for this module. I'll put it on my todo list. :)

Mick

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on February 03, 2010, 12:14:43 AM
hmmm.... thats a good point. I love tagging. Could be a good thing for this module. I'll put it on my todo list. :)

That would be sweet.