TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 02:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 119
  • Total: 119

TPReviews 1.0 rev.7

Started by IchBin, November 20, 2009, 02:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinaren

Quote from: ZarPrime on July 04, 2010, 03:08:53 PM
Chinaren, even though it is installed with the SMF Package Manager, it does require TinyPortal to be installed first.

Yah, I have TinyPortal 1.0 beta 5.2 installed, though I'm just getting to grips with it really.  Perhaps I didn't download the correct version or something.

Anyway, shall await more detail (hopefully) from the mod author.

Ken.

The attached is the current version that I'm using on my live site:
SMF 2.0 RC3
TinyPortal 1.0 beta 5.2

It may work OK on your version, but if not then you may need to upgrade to the same versions as those on my site.

If you have problems with it then we may have to wait for Ichbin to return.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Chinaren

Thanks for the download Ken! 

However, it still comes up with:

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

...when I try to install it, which is weird, 'cos my version is RC3 and TP1 b5.2 too.   ???

I'm doing it right yes?  Uploading with the SMF package manager? 

Ken.

Sorry that it did not work for you.

Yes you are doing it right, it installs through the package manager. I tried to edit the install routine to include SMF RC3 but it threw the same error on my test site that you saw on your site.

It is likely that it works OK on my live site because it was already installed before the site was upgraded.

We'll need to wait until Ichbin returns and has time to take a look at the code.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

IchBin

create a folder in the SMF packages folder and name it tpreviews. Upload the contents of the zip that Ken posted for you to that folder. You should then see the option to install in your package manager page in SMF. If that doesn't work, try unzipping and then rezipping the package making sure to maintain the same folder structure. Then try the install with your new zip. If none of these work, report back with the errors you get. I haven't had the time to look at this package for quite some time.

WillyP

I changed it from rc2 to rc3 in the package-info.xml, rezipped and it installed fine. But how do you add a category?

IchBin

It may not be working. It's been a long time since I have looked at this. I just don't have the time to figure out how to make it work completely in SMF2... With all the changes that Bloc has made to TP lately, it would be pretty much a rewrite to get it to work I think. TBH, I can't even remember how this module works. Ken may have a working version, though I'm not sure.

Ken.

My install is still in place, but has been inactive for some time now, so I've kind of lost track.
http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/FamilyForum/index.php?action=tpmod;rvws

In looking through the admin cp for the reviews module I'm not seeing an option for adding a new category, so at some point during our update process that option seems to have been left out.

I'll try loading it to my testsite to see what that looks like and post back later today, or tomorrow.

Ken.

Finding the same issue with the testsite, no option for adding a new category.

http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/SMF2.0/index.php?action=tpmod;rvws

WillyP

There are also three buttons with no image or text.  They go to the admin area, which you are already in.  :idiot2: