TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:25:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55

Error. Help please.

Started by Matt94GT, February 11, 2006, 03:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt94GT

Im using SMF 1.1 RC and the Helios Multi theme by Bloc.

Now I go to my package manager and upload/install the Tinyportal0_86.zip and I get this error:

"!!Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF."

Everything says Test Sucessful besides #9 here:

9.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/babylon/index.template.php   File not found

Can anyone help me please?!  Thanks in advance! 

technodragon73

do you have the babylon theme installed?

eldacar

That will be fine. Babylon is only involved in 1.1 RC2. If everything else is fine, install TP.

Matt94GT

I had babylon before but erased it...so it will be fine?  thanks

borgBOB

Yes that should be OK, TP is just tring to mod some files that do not exist(Babylon Theme) and is reporting the error.

Matt94GT

Ok seemed to work although there isnt much of a simple layout for me to figure it out, im new at this stuff.  Right now its just going to my forum page and loading it blank, so i set it to display the forum for now so ppl can still post.

I want to make my site look like this:
http://www.tmrules.com/

How abouts would I do this?

Thanks. 

borgBOB

Mostly, the front page are articles, and perhaps a front page block.
Then it is just a matter of going to Blocks admin, and adding the blocks you like, and putting them where you want them. Don't forget to activate them!
Creating a content menu is also an option.
There may be some 'block code snippets' blocks added also, Like the calendar.
Don't forget to install TP themes, instead of the regular Bloc themes.

Matt94GT

ahh so Blocks is the same thing sorta as the package manager but just for TP?

borgBOB

Well, not exactly. Many blocks are pre-loaded, and you can just put them in and set where they go.

Look at this site, in the User block, you will have what's in my in.jpg when you are the forum admin. click on the manage blocks link and you get mbd.jpg.

It's here you can add, turn on/off and move blocks. As well as add custom blocks.
You can then have something like in.jpg on your forums.

If you click on Manage Articles, you can then add those to your front page.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Matt94GT

your second image posted I want it like that sorta but all I can seem to get are the most recent topics posted.  What do you set your "What to show on frontpage" to? 

borgBOB

In TinyPortal - General Settings > Frontpage tab

Show forum-posts on frontpage from: is set to > General Discussion

What to show on frontpage:  is set to > Both forum and articles - sorted on date
But you can select other options.