TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:42:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 120
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 93

TinyPortal screens

Started by Ciinien, July 14, 2005, 04:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciinien

Since I'm testing on localhost, I can't really give an url to see the site. However, I did leave a couple of screenies at: Black Swan Online, an old site I'm leaving for a new ISP. I used the Forum screen only because my front page doesn't have a lot on it since it's on localhost. I've played around with the articles center block and the News center block and they seem to work as advertised. Also, note the RSS/XML newsfeed block in the bottom left. It's the CaRP mod rhizome mentioned in another post here on the beta forum. Pretty cool and a breeze to set up. The docs are kind of muddled at first as to what each configuration setting means, but with a little patience, trial and error, I finally got what I wanted. I am also eventually going to run banners in the top block where the user's stats and av are I think, once I figure out how to get it done, or even it it's possible to adapt that particular block for banners.

I blew the center block up once during the configuration of the newsfeed mod by entering a wrong parameter, but it was simple to fix by going into the database, re-writing the offending code and then refreshing the browser. I was kind of panicked for a minute or two though. And by the way, I am not much of a graphic artist so be kind about the crappy logo. It was mainly a test to see if I could get an html table and logo inserted there... :P

Other than that, no major problems to note at this point.

Cheers!
Ci