TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 07:11:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 274
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 262
  • Total: 263
  • @rjen

World Time Block

Started by alan s, July 05, 2006, 02:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan s

aaah im using firefox , thats probly why i didnt get the problem , i tryed using IE and i got the same error as yours and i also tryed in opera and it was fine , to get rid of the error  i took away location.href=menu1.externallinks.options[selectedIndex].value

it got rid of the error in IE but for some reason you still cant click the links , maybe one of the other coders here can figure it out because im stumped ( remember im 14 im not a genius...........yet lol )

i also notice in ie a bit of the stats block title is after disapearing

basis

just to clarify.

1. i need to create a new block which has a type: javascript/html for Step 1.

2. Step 2, I need to edit a string of code into the <Body>, but forgive me which file do we edit?

3. Step 3 says to copy the code into <Body> of HTML document. But again which file is this?

Sorry but as usual, im not familiar with my way around the files. I can edit and stuff, just not familiar with the neighbourhood :)

Thanks for the directions.

alan s

Lol you dont need to follow those steps in the code at all , you just need to copy all of either one of the codes i gave and paste it into the block you created ,those instructions that you posted are in the code becuase the code was originally made for a web page but i modifyed it to work with tinyportal.

basis

hmm thanks for replying.

So you are saying I can just do Step #1 and enter it into a block (Javascript/html) and it would work?

well i just tried that , but for some reason the world clock did not appear. Sorry my script coding and knowledge is very minimal as well.

alan s

link to your forum and did you activate the block?

basis

yes i did activate the block and it appears, but not the clock.

i will PM you the link. sorry about that.