TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:32:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 120
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 75
  • Total: 75

help with rss feed

Started by evilfx, July 31, 2009, 02:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilfx

Link to my site: http://www.battlefieldpt.com
SMF version: SMF 1.1.10
TP version: TP 1.0 beta 4
Theme name and version: Dzinerstudio - Mystic Jade
Browser Name and Version: IE 8 / Chrome
Mods installed:
Related Error messages:

hi,

i want to output the tinyportal articles (only the TP articles, and NOT forum posts) to rss feed aggregators but i can only do it with forum posts...

ZarPrime

I don't know if this is currently possible.  I am going to have to do some further investigating on that.  You're going to need to give me a couple of days on this.  If someone else knows the answer, I'm sure they will enlighten us both.

ZarPrime

evilfx

ZarPrime

evilfx,

I played around with this a little over the weekend, but I can't seem to get an xml feed on the articles.  FWIW, an RSS feed to output an xml for a single article wouldn't really make sense.  However, I can see where having a feed for all the articles in the same category, or all categories, might be nice.  This might be better suited for a Block Code snippet, but I don't know enough about RSS to know where to tell you to start.

It's possible that Bloc could have the articles in a category feed to an xml file at some point in the future, but I don't know if he'd want to do that.  If you want something like that, feel free to post a feature request in the board linked below ...
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php/board,109.0.html

Otherwise, I don't think there is anything else I can do on this.  Perhaps someone else has some ideas.

ZarPrime 

IchBin

This isn't something that could be done just by adding a snippet or something. You'd have to add this into its own function and load it up in a separate page from the rest of TP/SMF.  I really would like to do this, but I have too much on my plate right now to take the time to do it.

evilfx

Doma

Hey IchBin I am also interested in this very thing. If you have any spare time I think this would make a great feature to add. I have been trying to get it to work with feedburner or whatever and no luck it also just picks up forum posts.

Henk

Here the same request :)
Running a local news site (www.persbureaualmere.nl) I am very interested in the possibility to have the TP articles in a RSS feed as well.

Zetan

If this isn't a feature, there are Feature Request topics in Chit Chat and the Feedback board. This seems a reasonable request. :)

Doma

Ok, I generated a proposal for this and its located here. If you want this feature then please go to that post and show support.